True Earth Southern California Installation Errors

Sorry to be yet another one to bring this issue up but I have been attempting to achieve a clean install on this package for 5 consecutive days all day and night and still cannot accomplish it.

I have followed all the posted suggestions but can accomplish no better than an install with 14722 File(s) failed to Convert.  Three successive verifications have resulted in 14665  as a best result yet!

I am running an i9 10900k, MSi Z490 Ace, 32 gb of DDR4 3200mhz memory  Windows 10 1909  18363.900 and an 8tb dedicated external HDD for Orbx products with almost 7tb of free space.

My internet download service is a steady 62mbs but the best I can achieve from Orbx is 7.18mbs.

I have Re synchronised, Cleared out both Temp and Backup folders, moved them on to the external HDD to ensure that there is no possibility of a question of storage capacity. Deleted and re-installed all the reuired C++ redistributables. 

Uninstalled the completed installation on several occasions and started from scratch but to no avail, it still will not clean install.

Since the recent upgrade of my MB and processor I have re-installed all my other Orbx products in this library, All of GB, Florida, Northern California and Washington State all HD and they are no problem.

HELP!

Is there any way to perform a manual installation of the latest products?

9 hours ago, markymarksti said:

Sorry to be yet another one to bring this issue up but I have been attempting to achieve a clean install on this package for 5 consecutive days all day and night and still cannot accomplish it.

I have followed all the posted suggestions but can accomplish no better than an install with 14722 File(s) failed to Convert.  Three successive verifications have resulted in 14665  as a best result yet!

I am running an i9 10900k, MSi Z490 Ace, 32 gb of DDR4 3200mhz memory  Windows 10 1909  18363.900 and an 8tb dedicated external HDD for Orbx products with almost 7tb of free space.

My internet download service is a steady 62mbs but the best I can achieve from Orbx is 7.18mbs.

I have Re synchronised, Cleared out both Temp and Backup folders, moved them on to the external HDD to ensure that there is no possibility of a question of storage capacity. Deleted and re-installed all the reuired C++ redistributables. 

Uninstalled the completed installation on several occasions and started from scratch but to no avail, it still will not clean install.

Since the recent upgrade of my MB and processor I have re-installed all my other Orbx products in this library, All of GB, Florida, Northern California and Washington State all HD and they are no problem.

HELP!

Is there any way to perform a manual installation of the latest products?

Sorry about your issues.

If as you say you have met ALL the requirements regarding free space on the drive where the download goes, the free space required on the drive the installation goes, deleted backup copy if any, cleared Temp folder, moved Temp folder if required to another larger capacity drive, then I need you to attach your Orbx Central Log file so I can get your installation issue passed over to the Orbx Central support forum.

I also want you to attach your XP Log file please

2 hours ago, Haydon the Womble said:

I am having a similar problem with TE Northern California. I understand you like the data below!

========

Edited by moderator

Need your Orbx Central Log file and XP Log file please.

Also have you met ALL the requirements regarding free space on the drive where the download goes, the free space required on the drive the installation goes, deleted backup copy if any, cleared Temp folder, moved Temp folder if required to another larger capacity drive, as outlined in this pinned post:

The Orbx Central log is available via Orbx Central/settings/help.

9 hours ago, markymarksti said:

I see from the XP Log file you are using the unsupported by Orbx 11.50 beta version of XP.

I will however try and assist.

Uninstall any existing parts of TE SoCal.

When you have done that Reboot your PC.

After reboot post your free space availability for the drive you have your downloads on, probably C drive Temp folder.

Post the free space availability on the drive you are wanting to install onto.

Don't try to download or install until I know what free space you have on those disk drives please.

Remove any backup copies you have and Clear your Temp folder.

How and where to do that are illustrated in the pic below.

1.thumb.JPG.1ea7b0671fe3823a6b42393450551d98.JPG

Hi Jon,

Can't see the relevance of the version of x-plane as I haven't even tried to run it yet as I cannot get a clean install.

Anyhoo, thanks for your feed back. 

I have busily attempted all connotations of re-installing it in the meantime. 

I have attempted all the above on numerous occasions but to no avail. 

I have 4 nvme SSDs internally (1x 1tb F: - X-plane 11, 2 x 500gb E:Windows apps and C:Windows and a 2TB HDD D:Data. 1 6TB external  I: Backup and an 8TB external HDD G: dedicated to Orbx with 6+ tb of free space as it is anew drive.  The Windows nvme SSD C: drive has 275gb of free space.

I have though experienced a significant number of disconnects with this 8tb drive although all Windows and USB settings are to keep devices connected.

Although the drive scans as clean with no errors, I am not happy and so have this day returned it for a refund and bought a 4TB internal 2.5inch SATA SSD to replace it for my Orbx libraries.

Should arrive tomorrow and once I have installed it I shall again attempt to rebuild my Orbx library and get back to you with the results.

Thanks again for your patient help.

Mark

Thanks guys 

I will get onto it as soon as I can and come back with the results.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it was indeed the drive as my Rift S died on Saturday for no apparent reason and nothing I did could revive it.

However having decommissioned  the usb external drive this morning I had a thought that what if it was messing with the USB ports somehow and so re-connected my Rift S and voila it came back to life.

.......We shall see, watch this space! 

Mark

All done,

New 4TB Samsung 860 Evo installed and configured.... ran Southern California first and worked like a dream and in record time too.

Zero errors!!

External HDDs can be more trouble than they're worth!

Something for people to consider if they are having a similar problem, even if the drive shows as fine and passes all the scan tests etc.

SDDs may be 4x the cost but worth every penny.

Many thanks,

Mark

Archived