Any small amphibians out there for P3Dv5?

1 hour ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Hi all,

I'm looking for a small amphibian for P3Dv5.  So far no luck!   Any ideas?   I have the Scout amphibian from FSX/P3Dv4 but it doesn't display correctly in v5.

Thanks in advance

What about the A2A Piper Cub? It's a marvelous aircraft and comes with regular wheels, tundra tire options and floats. No straight amphibian model though.

I had the plane in FSX and loved it. BUT: Is the problem solved that you can't steer the plane on water at low speeds? This kept me from flying floatplanes all the time, as not even A2A could manage to solve that issue using Accu Sim. At idle and at low speed it was hardly possible to swim to the pier with the side of the aircraft without crashing into it. And yes: the water rudder was down ;)

4 hours ago, BradB said:

https://www.justflight.com/product/a2a-simulations-accu-sim-piper-j3-cub-p3d-v4-academic

There some floats on this AC Rob . 

Cheers

John

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

What about the A2A Piper Cub? It's a marvelous aircraft and comes with regular wheels, tundra tire options and floats. No straight amphibian model though.

Thanks guys.  I've been on the fence about the A2A Cub but you've convinced me to fall off.  lol   Not super realistic to switch airplanes in mid flight if I want to change from water to land or vice versa but I love flying the Cub and am willing to make a sacrifice!  ;)   Just bought it and also the 172 Trainer.

13 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Thanks guys.  I've been on the fence about the A2A Cub but you've convinced me to fall off.  lol   Not super realistic to switch airplanes in mid flight if I want to change from water to land or vice versa but I love flying the Cub and am willing to make a sacrifice!  ;)   Just bought it and also the 172 Trainer.

Good stuff Rob, I don't think you will be disappointed :) 

1 hour ago, fabs79 said:

Don't know for sure but the real air scout has an amphibian version. With some manual file copying it should theoretically work in V5 

Thanks Fabs, I have it copied into 5 but the textures don't show...all black.

Archived