TE Washington HD Wenatchee

clorgaa

• Nick Cooper changed the title to TE Washington HD Wenatchee

OK here are 2 more pictures of the elevation issues and as you can see heading downwind R30 the problem lies near the riverbank. You can see the airport in the background.  Hope this helps

KEAT1.jpg

KEAT2.jpg

I see your having problems with central too. Your lucky that you don't have down-clock every time just to get Central to open to install a major update.

Even then after verifying files its a hit and miss that the conversion takes place correctly and the installation completes without a hitch.

Yes, IMHO there is a lot to be desired in that application.

Well problem still here despite complete reinstall (see attached). Can't see anything in log.txt and have attached scenery.ini to see if anyone can spot anything. Also ran verify before this image. Still there are plenty more places to fly in the Orbx world.

KEAT4.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

1 hour ago, clorgaa said:

Well problem still here despite complete reinstall (see attached). Can't see anything in log.txt and have attached scenery.ini to see if anyone can spot anything. Also ran verify before this image. Still there are plenty more places to fly in the Orbx world.

KEAT4.jpg

scenery_packs.ini 6.38 kB · 1 download

Very odd. I don't see anything untoward in the scenery_packs file either to indicate why you might not be seeing the fixed version.

Anyway i have downloaded from the XP Gateway a version made in April2020 and introduced the required "flatten".

Try it and see if it works.

Just unzip it into your Custom Scenery folder

Lets us know what happens.

KEAT_Scenery_Pack.zip

Thanks Jon extracted the files and they appear in scenery.ini but the elevation issue is still there. Never mind I am not going to become like a dog with a bone over it as it seems to be my setup somewhere and if I feel bored I can always spend some time on it. For now I would rather just fly.

KEAT again.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

48 minutes ago, clorgaa said:

Thanks Jon extracted the files and they appear in scenery.ini but the elevation issue is still there. Never mind I am not going to become like a dog with a bone over it as it seems to be my setup somewhere and if I feel bored I can always spend some time on it. For now I would rather just fly.

KEAT again.jpg

scenery_packs.ini 6.42 kB · 0 downloads

Shame.  It definitely is something in your setup.

To test you could rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.BAK.

Make a new Custom Scenery folder.

Open the .BAK version an make shortcuts for the 4 TE Washington files, including the TE Washington Airports file, plus Global Airports.

Run XP and exit and check that TE Washington Airports is above Global Airports and the 3 main TE Washington files are just below Global Airports.

Then take a flight in the area where you are seeing the elevation issues and see if they are rectified.

The whole process will take 10 minutes and will allow you to see if there is a conflict with another addon or there is something wrong with your TE Washington including the update.

11 minutes ago, Vostflyer said:

Runways follow contours?

That is a possibility I had not thought of as I am unsure as to what extent the airport coverage is vs the TE Washington coverage is regarding mesh.

I don't see the elevation issue and i have the Runway follows terrain contours option enabled.

@clorgaa

Great call Vostflyer sorted out the issue. I had not thought of it as I normally leave it on but disabled it when trying to land at EG42 Foula and ran straight off the runway side. When I got back on the gravel it seemed to have a 10 degree sideways slope and I just couldn't land and stay straight.

11 hours ago, clorgaa said:

Great call Vostflyer sorted out the issue. I had not thought of it as I normally leave it on but disabled it when trying to land at EG42 Foula and ran straight off the runway side. When I got back on the gravel it seemed to have a 10 degree sideways slope and I just couldn't land and stay straight.

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived