Remove windmills/windfarms from TEGB?

Hi. Could someone kindly advise if I can remove all the windmills/windfarms from the TEGB scenery? They look great up close, but otherwise, from the air, the white poles flicker so badly that they stick out like rapidly flashing beacons. Very distracting, your eye can't help but be drawn to them as they all pulsate in unison. 

I haven't found a way to stop this rapid pulsating, so would far rather remove the whole lot from TEGB. Edit them out of a library.txt file perhaps??

Many thanks! :)

Martin

6 hours ago, martinlest said:

Hi. Could someone kindly advise if I can remove all the windmills/windfarms from the TEGB scenery? They look great up close, but otherwise, from the air, the white poles flicker so badly that they stick out like rapidly flashing beacons. Very distracting, your eye can't help but be drawn to them as they all pulsate in unison. 

I haven't found a way to stop this rapid pulsating, so would far rather remove the whole lot from TEGB. Edit them out of a library.txt file perhaps??

Many thanks! :)

Martin

The only way to officially remove them would be something like an option in a Control Panel, but I imagine it could lead to all kinds of "options" requests for example if someone didn't like powerlines.

Well, it's not that I 'don't like them', as such; it's simply that no amount of AA will stop them flickering, and it really is very distracting to have so much in unison rapid pulsing going on. There is surely an 'unofficial' way to remove them... I haven't had a look yet, but if anyone has a tip for this, 'cos it does rather spoil the overall effect (it's the only thing I have found that does)...

Thanks.

Yes, I could do that (over 500 of them though!) - just leave the first three lines in each obj file, delete all the rest of the data (after backing up!).

In the end (far quicker), I replaced the turbine.dds file with a blank png file, renamed to the same of course. Seems to have worked, though I have only tested very briefly so far.

Thanks.

On 6/11/2020 at 5:20 PM, martinlest said:

I replaced the turbine.dds file with a blank png file, renamed to the same of course. Seems to have worked, though I have only tested very briefly so far.

That would make them transparent, but they're still there and animating. It's one solution, and hey if it works :D

Archived