FSX shuts down (after Windows 10 2004 update?)

John Dow

Trying to get FSX to start for the first time since the Windows update and it keeps shutting down.  Anyone else had problems?

Am going to repair using the install DVDs, hopefully it'll find something.  But first I'm copying all the folders and files (including the User Account and C;|Program Data folders that FSX repair wilol want to mess with, after the reapir I can copy them back into the sim to restore my preferences, scenery etc.

If it doesn't work I'll post back here.

Seems it's just some things affected, the Duke Turbine V2 causes a shutdown, and the weather settings also seem to trigger a shutdown like 10 mile visibility at YSCB it didn't like.  Strange happenings.

My rig froze on 48% of the 2004 install , on the bench right now in my local computer shop . Hopefully they can get me back up and running . Who knows what lies ahead for me .......:'(:(

John

I'm usually a bit of a sucker for updates. I did a bit of research on 2004 and found many negative reactions. Most people are saying WAIT ... it appears to cause problems in many areas but, sadly, a fair few that are flight sim specific. So ... I'm holding off!

Archived