Vector and airports altitudes

I installed Vector today. Now, add-on airports are no longer flat. They show obvious hills and plateaus from the air. I did a flight out of Birmingham–Shuttlesworth International Airport (KBHM) and it was like taxing through the taxiway. My head was level with the taxiway markers.

Before installing Vector I had no issues. Orbx used to have an app that leveled airports. I do not see it any longer in V5. Is it still available?

4 hours ago, jmig said:

I installed Vector today. Now, add-on airports are no longer flat. They show obvious hills and plateaus from the air. I did a flight out of Birmingham–Shuttlesworth International Airport (KBHM) and it was like taxing through the taxiway. My head was level with the taxiway markers.

Before installing Vector I had no issues. Orbx used to have an app that leveled airports. I do not see it any longer in V5. Is it still available?

Check your layering in your v5 scenery config file. See where Vector has been placed. Note it, and then come back and ask for help with that. I believe that that is your issue....

Hi

Also, as the release announcement clearly states,

"The elevation adjustment feature of Vector had to be removed because all of its airports use the old layouts meaning airport data from 2006. Moreover, hundreds of airport ICAOs have changed in P3Dv5 and that would cause duplicate airports to be displayed at those locations.

Thus, this version of Vector, strictly for P3Dv5, includes "only" the landscape files, that is road/railroad network, shorelines and lakes/rivers, golf courses, parks, etc."

5 hours ago, Orbx Flyer said:

Check your layering in your v5 scenery config file. See where Vector has been placed. Note it, and then come back and ask for help with that. I believe that that is your issue....

I would agree.

Vector scenery library entries should be under Africa, where Orbx Central places them.

Thank you Gentlemen for your responses. However, the issue is not Vector related. It is the airports themselves. They are not playing well with V5.

I apologize for wasting your time. Normally, I spend more time troubleshooting rather than just assuming the last thing I installed caused the issue.

23 hours ago, vjcarlo said:

If you are running KBHM payware from SXAD,  it is not yet compatible with v5.  Just a thought in case that was your issue.

That be the one. :)

On 6/6/2020 at 6:54 AM, Nick Cooper said:

I would agree.

Vector scenery library entries should be under Africa, where Orbx Central places them.

Hi !

How do you change the vector scenery entries ? it's placed alone as an addon

Archived