Trees replace water in some areas of AK

This is a new one for me.  The water has been replaced by landmass from the coverage area roughly between Pacific Fjords and Southern Alaska package coverage.  Something like 2Z1/PAPG east to CAB5 and south to PAWG, and west to TKE.  Airports, docks, etc are rendered correctly but aircraft are often loaded to weird locations (in the woods or dry land for float planes when water is visible 20' away).  Frame rates are crushed in this area.

I have removed and reloaded/verified Global Base, Vector, Southern AK, Pacific Fjords, and OpenLC North America.  Further north (PAJN) and south (PAKT) all look fine, as do Europe and Rockies packages etc.

Would appreciate some assistance please? Thanks.

Thanks Nick and Holger.

All Orbx product is installed in prepared3dv4.5 folder EXCEPT KSUN and Object Flow which cannot be installed there - so they are in Orbx Main Library.  Mesh is set a 5.

I found the Tongass Fjord X information you referred me to Holger, and it looks like a rather daunting exercise for someone like me to attempt!?  But, assuming there is no simpler alternative I'll give it a try...

I know you guys hear this all the time, but "I have not ever had this issue before..."  and its killing me  - why now?  It was flying great last week (until I installed RTMM SIRP package scenery, which is co-incedentall adjacent to the problem area here).

Thanks for the suggestions nonethelless.  I'll do my best...

Paul

Like @Nick Cooper and @Holger Sandmann have noted this really looks like a problem with your tongass fjord installation. But you have neither approved nor denied that you have tongass installed... But if you are using RTMM I suppose you do, because it is NEEDED for most sceneries... Even those outside of tongass area because of the use of its objects library.

The link provided by Nick earlier has all the info you need(and instructions from Holger about what to do), but if you prefer a tutorial step by step here is another article: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/491556-installing-tongass-fjords-x-prepar3d-v3-v4/

Pay particularly attention to the bit about editing 'terrain.cfg', because I'm almost certain this is your problem. It takes 10 minutes to number 40 entries in a text file, do a switcheroo on the total count and you're done....

Archived