False Advertising? NOR CAL SCENERY

Hi :) Sorry posted in wrong forum, but while I have your attention...

Can we please get a proper representation of the San Francisco & Oakland Bay Bridges?  

No less than the one shown in your advertising photo (uploaded).  The bridge shipped in v1.0 looks nothing like it (also uploaded).  I have tried posting in the "Bug Fix" forum and have gotten nowhere.  I'm hoping this post might get some attention so we can have a fix like the swift recent v1.1 So Cal scenery update to fix KSAN.

Snip20200527_1.jpg

Snip20200527_4.JPG

Hi :)

Can we please get a proper representation of the San Francisco & Oakland Bay Bridges?  

No less than the one shown in your advertising photo (uploaded).  The bridge shipped in v1.0 looks nothing like it (Also uploaded).  I have tried posting in the "Bug Fix" area and have gotten nowhere.  I'm hoping this post might get more attention so we can have a fix like the swift recent v1.1 So Cal scenery update to fix KSAN.

Thanks - holding breath

Snip20200527_1.jpg

Snip20200527_4.JPG

This was the original bridge in the beta that was given to testers and where that shot came from:

unknown.thumb.png.55c2ddc8027494ef7e07b13ebadfcba2.png

The bridge was way too high and looked like a rollercoaster at the end, so we sent it back to be fixed. The fixed bridge is now not correct also. It will be redone for the update.

3 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

This was the original bridge in the beta that was given to testers and where that shot came from:

unknown.thumb.png.55c2ddc8027494ef7e07b13ebadfcba2.png

The bridge was way too high and looked like a rollercoaster at the end, so we sent it back to be fixed. The fixed bridge is now not correct also. It will be redone for the update.

Thanks Tony.

Thank you for the new information.  Please note the "Eastern Span" of the bridge should be reviewed also.(Uploaded) Both bridges just need that Orbx touch to look nice.  They are a major part of the San Francisco Bay Area.  

Side Note - Maybe a little polish on our beloved Alcatraz Island as well? (Uploaded)

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Snip20200528_7.png

Snip20200528_8.png

scenery_packs.ini

Hi there, I purchased Northern CA. , Southern CA. and Fresno Airport. Have X-Plane 11.41 installed. Wanted to try out scenery before experimenting with 11.50 Vulkan. Anyway, I notice that the Sanford University Linear Accelerator Lab. is going over Interstate 280. The 1 mile long low profile building go's under the Freeway. Also the "New" eastern span of the Oakland Bay Bridge is missing. Also at the old Alameda Naval Air Station, where the Nimitz class aircraft carrier is, it should be the USS Hornet (museum). Not sure if this is the X-Pane aircraft carrier or Orbx mistake. Was stationed at Alameda and Moffett Federal Afield (ex-NAS) in the 1980-90's. Currently working on NAS Lemoore scenery. Looks good in North CA.  

Hi Ken,

I can address the MIA Oakland side of the Bay Bridge but you might not be happy with the results.  The Orbx bridges look horrible as you can see from the earlier uploaded photos.

As far as the reason it's missing.  You probably have MisterX's KSFO airport installed.  It conflicts with the Bay Bridge.  if you have it installed, just download and install the the patch from https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/29166-ksfo-san-francisco-international-airport-and-city/  It's a patch to remove all city objects & orthophotos and it will reveal both sides of the Orbx bridges.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your service.

Snip20200602_1.png

21 hours ago, Ken S. said:

Hi there, I purchased Northern CA. , Southern CA. and Fresno Airport. Have X-Plane 11.41 installed. Wanted to try out scenery before experimenting with 11.50 Vulkan. Anyway, I notice that the Sanford University Linear Accelerator Lab. is going over Interstate 280. The 1 mile long low profile building go's under the Freeway. Also the "New" eastern span of the Oakland Bay Bridge is missing. Also at the old Alameda Naval Air Station, where the Nimitz class aircraft carrier is, it should be the USS Hornet (museum). Not sure if this is the X-Pane aircraft carrier or Orbx mistake. Was stationed at Alameda and Moffett Federal Afield (ex-NAS) in the 1980-90's. Currently working on NAS Lemoore scenery. Looks good in North CA.  

Welcome

I can only add that the TE series of addons are made to repicate as far as possible the imagery of a region. That is done by using photo scenery.

The next part is to provide where possible, Points of Interest, not all, in that area.The next is to provide as accurate as possible the autogen, some will be generic, and vegetation placed as accurately as possible.There will be some inaccuracies in exact detail but not absolutely everything can be made to exactly replicate reality.

The building going over the road is a point we can ask @Tony Wroblewski about but a s far as the aircraft carrier is concerned it is probably a XP model but Tony can comment on that as well.

Thanks for the reply's guy's. After I posted my earlier reply I came across an earlier post that talked about the conflicts with Mister X scenery. Understandable. Sometimes it may be hard to understand what you are seeing (Stanford University Lab. under freeway.). A note for the developers, that is a large Radio Telescope south of the lab. on the right side of Hwy. 280 up on the hills that belongs the Stanford Univ. I think in the scenery I saw a water tank. I will double check, but this might be an interesting add-on.

I double check the scenery south of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) that is shown as a building go over Freeway 280. It is actually a metal building that looks like a metal shed that is 2 miles long (3.2 Km). On the east side of I-280 on top of the hills is a small building and a large water tank. This water tank is the location of a large Radio Telescope. There is no water tank in this area.

"The Dish, also known as the Stanford Dish, is a radio antenna in the Stanford foothills. The 150-foot-diameter (46 m) dish was built in 1961 by the Stanford Research Institute (now SRI International). The cost to construct the antenna was $4.5 million, and was funded by the United States Air Force.[1] In the 1960s the Dish was used to provide information on Soviet radar installations by detecting radio signals bounced off the moon."

On 6/3/2020 at 1:01 PM, Ken S. said:

I double check the scenery south of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC) that is shown as a building go over Freeway 280. It is actually a metal building that looks like a metal shed that is 2 miles long (3.2 Km). On the east side of I-280 on top of the hills is a small building and a large water tank. This water tank is the location of a large Radio Telescope. There is no water tank in this area.

"The Dish, also known as the Stanford Dish, is a radio antenna in the Stanford foothills. The 150-foot-diameter (46 m) dish was built in 1961 by the Stanford Research Institute (now SRI International). The cost to construct the antenna was $4.5 million, and was funded by the United States Air Force.[1] In the 1960s the Dish was used to provide information on Soviet radar installations by detecting radio signals bounced off the moon."

Hi Ken, one last thing... there is an Orbx created "POI's Nor Cal" post that you can review and add comments for exactly this type of input.  See below.  It's kinda fun to see what others are noting.  :)  

Kind regards,

~K

Thanks. I added the Radio Telescope to replace the water tank on the eastside of I-280. Also added a replacement request for the Veterans twin bridges at I-5 and Sacramento River between Sacramento and Woodland. I was planning on building the bridges for X-Plane. In the late 1960's, I lived just east of the bridges on the southside. My uncle operated the Elkhorn Bar (where I lived). I watched them build the twin bridges. Even got to ride on the two Truck cranes and the one crawler crane. The large steel girders were 10-12 ft. tall and about 100 ft. long. The spans over the water were 195 ft. They were raised with hydrulic jacks (attached to girders already in-place) from barges 

Elkhorn Bridge northside.jpg

Elkhorn Bridge Southside_2.jpg

Stanford_Dish_in_the_early_morning_hours.jpg

• 8 months later...

Archived