Underground in Africa

I've got a problem with some of the default airports in Africa. I have openLC Africa installed but disabling it makes no difference - I still get the same result as shown in the screenshots below at Cairo (HECA). I've tried a couple of freeware addon airports (OMAA & OMDB) and they're fine.

I'd be glad to hear if anyone has any suggestions on resolving this.

Thanks,

Bob

image.png.55689185dad325e90a290484512590c6.png

image.png.906182d85219f46a34df9aabed7fc706.pngimage.png.906182d85219f46a34df9aabed7fc706.png

Hi Smudger,

No I don't have any third party mesh for Africa. I have Toposim Europe & Asia installed. I did wonder if installing Africa would help with this issue.

Cheers,

Bob

2 hours ago, bobwad said:

any third party mesh for Africa

Bob, as you know there is no Vector for P3Dv5, but the OpenLC Africa mesh may make the difference.

It is in the Freeware section, it has to be worth a try :)

Hello,

this may not be relevant but another topic with a similar problem has just reached a conclusion

and it turned out that the customer had added software that updates airport elevation.

Could that be it, bearing in mind that LM have themselves updated the airports?

Hi Nick,

The only software I've added for Africa is Orbx's Global Buildings, HD Trees, TerraFlora, openLC Africa and Toposim Africa continent bundle. I've also got 2 freeware airports in Africa, OMAA and OMDB but I don't have this problem with them.

A quick update - problem now resolved!!

I deleted both the P3D.cfg and scenery.cfg files and let P3D create new ones. don't know why I didn't think to try that first.

Thank you Smudger and Nick for your help.

Archived