P3D - Final advice question

MGC

Hi All.

When removing FSX to install P3d, do I need to uninstall all of the Orbx scenery and airports or can I simply format the disk that I'll be installing to?

Thx,

Mike

Thats exactly what I do when installing something for the first time. It might take a little longer but you are in control. Formatting removes all the crap that might be there.:rollmyeyes:

Didn't even need to do that :)  got both installed. As long as the sims are installed on different drives you are good. I have FSX with Orbx on the C drive, and P3d on D drive with Orbx installed. Yes have two lots of Orbx installed on C and D

I personally would not install both on the same drive. First being that P3D will take up more space than FSX and it will get messy......big time. I have 6 ssd's, 1 NVMe and a WD Black. I keep everything seperate...."C Drive" only for Windows 10...nothing else and the WD Black (which is quick and the only non ssd) I use for all addons like Active Sky, GSX, FSTramp and so on, which need to normally be installed into "C". I have P3Dv4 installed on "D" - SSD, P3Dv5 installed on "F" - NVMe, Orbx Libraries for v4 & v5 on "E" - SSD. It's looks complicated but it is not and everything works very well, except for all the BUG's within Win 10 which we all have to deal with. If you could get your hands on a SSD ....use that for P3D. I hope this helps a little and you can get it sorted.:D

2 hours ago, MGC said:

Empire - is there a problem installing both on the same drive??

Thx

You can have both installed on the same drive, it doesn't affect it but I rather have them installed on separate drive 

12 hours ago, appie said:

...and everything works very well, except for all the BUG's within Win 10 which we all have to deal with....

I don't have to deal with any bugs within Win 10.

Archived