TrueEarth US Florida HD - Taking FOREVER to download and install!

I have a very decent internet connection, but the extraction of the files are taking way to long and I'm tired of this, I will request a refund if I cannot get this software soon!

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  X-Plane 11

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Downloading and installment of Trueearth Florida HD is taking forever, I'm now on my second try, will cancel an request refund if I have to wait so long, again.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @EDAL61,

The installation process consists of three stages. Downloading, extracting and converting. If you have a good internet connection it's likely that it's the extraction and conversion steps of the installation are the most time consuming.

If you're on the latest fastlane version of Orbx Central, you can adjust the some settings that may help speed up the installation process. Under Settings -> Downloader, changing the Concurrency option to SSD and the Conversions option to High will attempt to make the most out of the systems resources during an installation.

11 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi @EDAL61,

The installation process consists of three stages. Downloading, extracting and converting. If you have a good internet connection it's likely that it's the extraction and conversion steps of the installation are the most time consuming.

If you're on the latest fastlane version of Orbx Central, you can adjust the some settings that may help speed up the installation process. Under Settings -> Downloader, changing the Concurrency option to SSD and the Conversions option to High will attempt to make the most out of the systems resources during an installation.

Thanks for the reply and tip! I do have the latest Orbx Central version, however, in settings I cannot find those you indicate...

ORBX1.jpg

ORBX2.jpg

I thought I had because I do recall the download about a new version and of course, downloading and installing it. Is that where I can opt for the "fastlane"? I just checked for upadtes and according to Orbx Central, there aren't any other updates available.

Much obliged!

ORBX3.jpg

17 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Please go to settings\my account and opt into fastlane.

Thanks for the tip, notwithstanding, I'm reluctant to opt into "fastlane", particularly because of the warning. I'm giving up this download, I want my money back. Can you provide a link to request so?

On 5/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

You can use the below link to submit a refund request, but I can assure that regardless of the warning the fastlane version is completely harmless.

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

What do I stand to loose in case it went wrong? Would I have to reinstall X-Plane or just Orbx Central and the software I already have or both?

Archived