Milford Sound

Good Morning,

I have just installed Milford Sound and there is nothing there just the mountains. I am using Pilots FS Global Ultimate 2020 and tried AFM2_RC3 but to no avail. Uninstalled Milford Sound and re-ran but just the same. See attatched: the first is with AFM2_RC3 in use and the second just the plain install.

2020-5-9_8-6-51-720.jpg

2020-5-9_8-10-29-767.jpg

The first shot shows that your graphics card is unable to show the scenery properly.  The second looks like problems that were seen early on but I haven't seen for a long time.

Do you have the Orbx Libraries installed?

The product also requires NZ South Island Scenery to display correctly as well.  Have you installed that as well?

Thanks for your quick reply John,

Yes I have the Orbx Libraries installed along with NZ South Island. Milford Sound is my favourite destinations and was looking forward to running it on Prepar3d Ver5.

My graphic's card is a RTX 2080ti and so far have never had any problems with it and the rest of my system is high end.

Hello,

the best way to cure the problem with the control panel is to uninstall and then reinstall NZMF.

As to the first two screen shots, I do not see that but also have the New Zealand region active and no added mesh.

Please try that configuration instead.

Thanks Nick, I tried just this. Uninstalled it from v4, then from v5. Closed and reopened Orbx Central. Reinstalled in v5 but still only some settings will be saved in the panel. I seem to remember a similar issue time ago with KSAN where some file should be removed manually, I'll try to see if I can find it.

Hello Nick,

Have removed Milford Sound and reinstalled and there is no change as in the photo below. The Control Panel like BrianV is not saving its settings. I am using Prepar3d V5 and its completly new. As to the mesh its a 70GB download and install and am not willing to remove it, tried to untick panel for oceania but it won't let me. I also tried all the other airports in New Zealand and found the runways flickering in Queenstown but when I unticked Enhanced Atmospherics (Beta) no more flickering.

2020-5-9_10-41-22-864.jpg

Hi,

Tried it quite a few times but it wont let me. This warning comes up each time "Unable to open C:/Program Data/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d V5/Scenery .cfg for writing". Thanks.

Hello,

a colleague has just told me that the download has some files missing.

He has asked for this to be fixed.

Please stand by.

The separate scenery.cfg problem would probably be fixed by running

the program as an administrator.

I am experiencing exactly the same problems.  The taxiway is in a trough and the  grass strip swallows my plane which continues underground and comes out again at the far end. I have no airport buildings with all setting turned to max.  This is a mess and totally unlike the earlier version. Not helped by the manual still being from the earlier V4 version which means advice or guidance there is not helpful for V5. 

Archived