KTVL and 2W3 scenery have no buildings

Hello,

Two airports I have purchased for FSX steam show no buildings of any kind at the airport. They are 2W3 (transaction ID#5e93f76953f19) and KTVL (transaction ID#5eaa5341ea4b3). They do not correspond the the screenshots shown on the buy page. 

Here are things I have tried:

* uninstall and reinstall airport sceneries in the Orbx tool

* deactivate them and reactivate them in FSX steam with a rebuild of scenery cache in between

* move them to the top of the scenery order , rebuild scenery cache

Help would be appreciated, barring that, a refund. Thank you. 

2020-4-15_20-17-24-469.jpg

2020-4-15_20-17-27-568.jpg

2020-5-1_21-23-18-652.jpg

2020-5-1_21-23-22-927.jpg

2020-5-1_21-23-28-246.jpg

Hi welcome to the forum

Do you have third party products?

Such as

KOS

Lukla

Chania

Skiathos?

Also

Please check you have your libraries and Object flow updated and only one Object flow entry in your sim.

Cheers

Carlos

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Asking for a refund before the installation is complete is a little premature.

Please go to steamapps\common\FSX\Orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and run ModuleInstaller.exe

The next time you start FSX, it should ask you to let it run objectflow, answer Yes.

Hello, and thank for the welcome. 

"Asking for a refund before the installation is complete is a little premature."

- I did ask for help first, a refund barring that.

"Please go to steamapps\common\FSX\Orbx\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and run ModuleInstaller.exe"

- I did this, with the results attached. 

"The next time you start FSX, it should ask you to let it run objectflow, answer Yes."

It did not, and there is no change as evidenced by the new screenshot. 

As a note, I bought many other airport sceneries from Orbx (All my 3rd party sceneries are Orbx)  like KHAF, KSTS, 2S1, CYBD and more and they work perfectly. 

Annotation 2020-05-02 160605.png

Annotation 2020-05-02 160625.png

2020-5-2_16-2-6-836.jpg

In reply to Carlosqr, with thanks for his response:

- I have no other sceneries besides Orbx products. Of those I have: BASE pack, Buildings HD, Trees HD, VECTOR, openLC north america, Iceland Demo, Airprot Pack, Libraries, Northern California, Pacific Fjords, Pacific Northwest, Southern Alaska, Portland, and a number of airports. Only 2W3 and KTBL are quite broken at this time. 

- The Orbx libraries are the latest according to Orbx Central and since they don't come with any manual I do not know how to check whether there is only one objectflow entry. Uninstalling and reinstalling them did not change anything. 

Certainly, it's a recent install so it *should* be the latest - 10.0.62615.0.

Is it logical that some airports would work fine and others not? I'm trying to figure out what direction to search for answers in. 

I'm also curious to know if there is difference between installing via Orbx central or installing manually - there is an option to do so in Orbx central and I am wondering why. 

Hello,

both airports rely heavily on objectflow to display all their features.

It seems clear that something is preventing objectflow from working on your system.

You cannot install objectflow into either FSX or FSX-SE, it is installed when the

Orbx Libraries are and activated using the Module Installer.

These images are for the same version of FSX-SE that you have.

Objectflow active

1.jpg

Objectflow disabled

3.jpg

Objectflow active

2.jpg

Objectflow disabled

4.jpg

Okay... I'm not hearing either a recommendation for something I need to do to fix the problem, or the announcement of a refund. I'm assuming you don't intend of leaving me out without some sort of answer?

In particular, which airports rely heavily on objectflow and which don't? For instance, does the Catilina airport rely heavily on objectflow? Looking at 2S1, it must not do because it looks just like the screenshots. CYBD also. Those are very good looking airports, is there nothing further about this or anything at all I could try?

Hello,

we would need to explore why your copy of objectflow does not work, despite the two FSX-SE versions apparently being the same.

We could check first if it is being activated by you visiting your fsx_se.cfg file and deleing the line in the  [Trusted] section that contains the word objectflow.

I cannot give you the exact text because that varies from installation to installation.

If it is installed correctly, the next time you start FSX-SE, you should be asked to accept the module as trusted.

You must accept the module as trusted.

I cannot give you the exact text because that varies from installation to installation.

Nick Cooper, understood - I will find the .cfg file and make the requested change, then verify that I am prompted to authorize objectflow. 

Should I reinstall Orbx libraries manually, would that help?

Doug - yes, I had FSX installed. I uninstalled it entirely using a guide I found online allowing me to remove "all" (what I know as all but if you have additional info please let me know) traces of it before installing FSX-SE and reinstalling all Orbx components. 

Archived