Using Central to recopy files

CZZ

If you have installed your Orbx products into a library (i.e., outside the simulator), when you uninstall v5 your Orbx products will still remain installed, but just not linked to your simulator.

Then, once you've installed v5, open Orbx Central. Click Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator. That will edit your Prepar3D add-ons.cfg, re-adding the Orbx library path and automatically linking your Orbx scenery again.

Ben:

Thanks for your prompt reply.
But if I still have v4.5 on the computer and Orbx files not in a library, will Central recopy the files?
In other words: will Central only copy the files once?

Thanks

Hello,

one should never "delete" a simulator but uninstall it.

If you have version 4.5 with the Orbx files inside it, you could save a lot of time and bandwidth by either

1. copying the Orbx folder into a fresh copy of v5 and verifying files for all your products or

2. use Orbx Central to move all your Orbx products into an Orbx Library and then, after you have installed

v5, follow Ben's advice.

Hello

I have a similar (but not the same) as CZZ's, situation

I have established a fresh install of v5 on a separate drive and re downloaded all of my Orbx files using 'Under Prepar v5' directory.

The HotFix for v5 has arrived  and I have decided to do a complete reinstall of v5.

So, I can do #1 of Nick's advice.

But, if I decide to install out of the v5 folder, (library), what would be the best course of action.

Cheers

Jock

Hello,

if you "do a complete reinstall of v5" and you do not intervene and delete your P3D root folder,

then all the Orbx files, except the Global Base files, will still be there after you have finished.

You should be able to run verify files for the Orbx Libraries and Global base.

Your other alternative is to

2. use Orbx Central to move all your Orbx products into an Orbx Library and then, after you have reinstalled

v5, follow Ben's advice.

22 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

If you have installed your Orbx products into a library (i.e., outside the simulator), when you uninstall v5 your Orbx products will still remain installed, but just not linked to your simulator.

Then, once you've installed v5, open Orbx Central. Click Settings -> Help -> Sync Simulator. That will edit your Prepar3D add-ons.cfg, re-adding the Orbx library path and automatically linking your Orbx scenery again.

I just searched for 10 min for the Syn function until I found this contribution. Is "Help" really a good place? I looked under the "Simulator" main entry where I couldn't find it. 

Kind regards, Michael

Archived