Terrain Issues in PNW

Went to the same spot and had a look, no mounds in my scenery.

Must be something causing it.  Mesh anomalies can be corrupted data, or another scenery add-on doing strange things.

You can try unticking all add on sceneries in the area to see if the problem goes away.

NoMounds.thumb.jpg.c219d7ce88e60cdc2014682ad6c30eab.jpg

On 4/19/2020 at 6:10 PM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Jason,

are you perhaps using a third-party terrain mesh add-on for (that part of) North America?

Cheers, Holger

The only other thing I could think of is that its Fsdreamteam's Vancouver ~30-40nm to the west. Ill try disabling it to test. There's a couple more near the city, burnaby and surrey area. Orbx, Orbx Squamish & FSDT are the only common elements for each platform. Clean install in P3Dv5. I live in the mountains overlooking that valley, and fly over it on a daily basis for work and can tell you those mounds are not there, lol.

Hi Jason,

never heard of the Sumas Lake swamp monsters? :D

It's possible that airport add-ons that include their own terrain mesh files can cause display issues like these if their files aren't properly compiled. If you have a bunch of candidates installed then a good process of elimination is the sequential 50/50 split: deactivate half of the add-ons and -- assuming one or the other half makes the problem go away -- deactivate 50% of the half with the add-on that contains the problematic add-on; then rinse and repeat. This way one can usually hone in on a problem add-on (or file) within a few iterations.

Cheers, Holger 

I'm seeing terrain issues too. Most of the huge Detroit River is gone, covered with trees. I'm using just Orbx scenery. I'm also seeing an actual border line that runs through the river that separates Canada from The U.S. Trump hasn't even put his wall up yet.....

Note between the white lines in the first pic should all be water, with some islands. On the second picture you can see the border line between Canada and the U.S. Also there are 2 bridges where there should be just one. P3Dv4.5 the scenery was correct(except for the 2 bridges.they were always there).

Screenshot (23)_LI.jpg

Screenshot (24)_LI.jpg

Archived