Sudden hill crash at Sedona

Hello Orbx,

Thank you for the quick upgrade to Prepar3D v5. I just made some patterns at Sedona and suddenly seems to hit the hill on final runway 3. Hopefully, video recording was on (don't look at poor quality) :

On the video, it seems I strangely hit something slightly above 5'200 ft. I verified that the hill is at less than 4'900 ft in the sim scenery (same altimeter settings) 

OL2FUKu.jpg

On a french simmer forum, there is also a report of someone a similar crash in other location. Am i the only one at Sedona facing this issue ? What should I check ?

Thanks for your help,

4 minutes ago, Smudger said:

have you tried unchecking Turbulence and Thermal effects in Options - World ?

Thanks for the idea. Do you mean it's a know problem ? Or a simple guess ? Because I just (re)did the approach after this "crash" , with the same settings and everything went fine.

Hello All -- I have experienced this problem at a couple of airports already. Have a clean install of v5 (v4 removed). Have noticed this issue at both KTEX and KSAN airports ON APPROACHES. All is well until aircraft is near the threshold then the scenario changes radically to ground proximity and aircraft crashes. I have tested the v5 airports without the Orbx enhancement installed and problem is not present. This is a big one that needs a fast fix..

Many Thanks!!!

16 hours ago, vbazillio said:

with the same settings and everything went fine.

Hello, I had a problem in the past with a certain airport, can't remember which exactly, again an airport on a plateau, approaching from one side, hard to land, the other direction OK.

Switching off Turbulence and Thermal effects removed the problem ;)

Have tried to force this issue to REPEAT itself and have not been able to get it to happen again! Very bizzare. Have also tried all the ideas posted here relative to settings of mesh size and turbulence activity, etc. Repeated the same conditions under which I originally experienced it, and no hint of what might have been triggering it other than I was getting occasional out of memory messages. I was testing also on a gaming lap top which I was pushing to the memory limit. 

Cheers All --- Thanks. 

Hello,

this problem is now well documented and acknowledged by LM at their forum.

They say that they have the answer and that it will be released in an update.

There is no need to keep posting me too messages, so I will close this at least until the fix is released.

Thanks to all who took the trouble to reply.

Archived