Unable to install Orbx

anbrod1

I have just installed P3dv4,5, I have installed Orbx central, but some how it can not seem to regonize to P3dv4,5 folder, so i can not install my download from Orbx???"Did you see simulator- fix issues"

Any help here please?

11 minutes ago, anbrod1 said:

Any help here please?

Hello anbrod1,

after installing P3dv4,5 have you run it at least once up to the flight screen and then closed it ?

It will create the registry entry required by Orbx Central.

As i have sent on the screenshot, P3dv4 is among the choses i can make, and i show it where the P3dv4 folder is on my pc,i am sorry what is that i am doing wrong here??

I have had the Orbx central on my pc for years without issues, after i went P3dv4-5 this issues turns up.

Are you running as administrator?

Is your antivirus getting in the way?

I have moved your topic to the Orbx Central support forum, so if you continue to have problems please post a copy of the central.log found under settings/help/open log.

Please note: Do not open the file and copy and paste the contents, just attach the file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I really hope that you can help solve this issue that i just can not around!

I have made a clean download and installment of Prepar 3Dv5, i have run the new sim several times, i have downloaded 2/3 addon planes from Carenado without any issues, now i would very much like to get my products from Orbx into the sim, have downloaded the latest Orbx central, have turned off my Firewall, but still, the central can not find my P3dv5 folder! The pop up window ask for directions, ,i have made a folder for Orbx inside the P3dv5 folder, still no succes!!! I have had Orbx central in my other Prepar sims without any issues, have been a customer for quite some years now, so i just dont understand what is it i am missing here???? Should the Central not find the Prepar folder on it s own?

Hope you can help me solve this issue!

Thank you

Screenshot (553).png

Hello,

yes it should.

It looks in the Windows registry to see where you installed it.

In this case G:\P3D v5.

2.jpg

and also to see whether there is Prepar3D.exe file in that location.

If the two conditions are not both fulfilled, then it does not see it.

The registry entries are written by P3D when it is first run.

Where exactly is your copy of P3D v5 installed please?

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Unable to install Orbx

00Hej again, 

Thankyou so much for helping me out, i quite sure this like a comma misplaced on a email address, but with great effect!! And  i dont have a A-level in computer tech, just trying to get along best i can!

I have a C-drive with 110 GB ,and D-drive with 900GB, Have installed on my D-drive/users name. Made a new folder called Orbx in, users name/APP data/Roaming after end installation of P3d5. Have run the Sim several time before trying to install Orbx via Central, but it will not find the P3d5 folder!

Thanks again.

Thanks.

your images seem to suggest that your Prepar3D.exe file is not in fact Prepar3D.exe

but Prepar3D.cfg, renamed by you to Prepar3D.exe.

3.jpg

Your installation of P3D seems to be highly individual and to have been

subject to some user intervention.

I have now been in and fully deleted every thing from P3dv5, and is downloading a clean version after the new update this weekend, hoping it will work out better.

Am i doing something wrong when i install the download, should i maybe make a folder for the installation or what? Hope you would be so kind to help me to get it up and running again.

Thankyou.

Hello,

when you install P3D, you are given a choice of where to install it.

However, you will need to create the folder first.

If, for example, you wanted it to be in D:\ P3D v5, first you must create that folder.

When you run the P3D v5 installer, click on the Options tab and select D:\P3D v5.

the P3D installer will do the rest for you.

Once it is all installed, run P3D once and it will create all the files and registry entries

that Orbx Central needs to be able to work.

Then close P3D, open Orbx Central and you will see P3D v5 in the drop down menu at the top.

Ok, i made a new folder in D/brogger/Prepar v5, have run the sim several times, still same problem, is it because i have brogger in the pathway that is a problem? If i want to move the folder Prepar v5, should i ,and how i do that?? Sorry , i feel so stupid that i cant work this out!!

Hello anbrod,

you do not need the brogger folder, just D:/Preparv5.

The easiest way would be to open D: then brogger then Right click and hold down the button on the P3Dv5 folder and drag it on to your desktop, then click the arrow top left hand side of the brogger window, this will cycle back to the D: window, Right click on the brogger folder and select delete.

You will now have an empty D: folder, Right click on the P3Dv5 folder on you desktop and drag back into the D: folder.

You will now have to run P3Dv5 to the flight screen and then close it to set a new registry entry, before opening Orbx Central.

All this will take some time depending on the size of P3Dv5 and specs of your PC

Hej ,

ok i will give it a try, the "brogger" is my users name, and it seems to me, when i have seen other installers pathway for the Sim , C/or D drive/users name / app data /Lockheed Martin/ P3dv5. When i have downloaded the P3dv5 , and it is ready to install the Sim, it shows my C-drive, but i want it on my D-drive so i have to browse, and maybe that is where the fault comes ??.

Thank you for tyring to help me out. 

Hello,

C/or D drive/users name / app data /Lockheed Martin/ P3dv5.

is not a path to where any simulator should be installed.

It is a path to where some of the simulator's configuration files are stored.

Just create a folder on your D drive, as I described and then when the installer starts, 

click on Options and browse to that folder.

Voila!!, So finally it was a success! Thank you so much for your advice/patience with me!

Just a small turn down the wrong pathway, one can surely get lost, in the computer world!!

Cheers!

Archived