How to fix Boulder City issue?

I was having trouble with 61B in P3D V4.5.  I could not get the airport to display correctly.  I had uninstalled Base, Vector, OpenLCNA and reinstalled them.  I ran the airport elevation correction tool in Vector again and again but still had the issue.  I thought if I purchased the newly released Boulder City scenery that it may fix the issue.  It did not.  Below is a screenshot of what I am seeing.  Please advise on what I can do to fix this issue.  I also have the Pilot's FS Global Ultimate Next Generation FTX mesh installed.  I have tried disabling the mesh in the scenery library but that did not fix the issue.

61B.jpg

Yes, I stated that above.  And I couldn't figure out why 61B was not flat before I installed Boulder City.  I had, as I said before, uninstalled base, vector, openlc na, my Pilots mesh, and reinstalled but still had the issue.

I have been checking out airports all around that area as well as in other parts of the US and everything looks good everywhere, except for 61B.

Edited by jfwharton

I thought the issue might be related to Traffic Global Early Access for FSX P3D being installed.  I saw an issue before with KLAS.  I have since removed Traffic Global and removed the entry from the scenery.cfg file as well as the Traffic Global entries in the Addons folder.  That did not fix this issue but fixed the issue with KLAS.

Logically, there is an influence on this airport that other customers do not have.

We seem to have ruled out most possibilities, the most likely being something that updates the airport data

and less likely that you have a remnant of another version that is affecting both your default version, if that

is what you are showing and the addon.

Your image of the addon shows the aircraft "spawned" at a location below the addon which suggests that

either the addon's elevation is not working, highly unlikely given Jack's screen shot topic, or that your installation

contains something that is setting a different elevation.

The presence of an added elevation for KBVU is still my main suspect.

An airport named 61B could not exclude it, either in the default version or in the addon version.

It could be an AI traffic addon too.

There is no way other than what you suggest to return the installation to the root folder.

Where does the addon airport appear in your in-game scenery library?

Which addon airport?  Are you referring to KBVU which you mentioned above?

In my scenery library the following entry in listed as priority 7

FTX_AA_61B  M:\P3D Orbx Library\p3dv4\61B Boulder City Municipal Airport\zoTNC\GYC_NA\FTX_AA_61B

I have no third party scenery installed in this area.  Only my Orbx scenery.

Edited by jfwharton

KBVU and 61B are the same place. It was 61B and now it is KBVU, in the real world.

If a real world ICAO code is changed and then the simulator's navigation database is updated or

an addon is added with that updated ICAO code, then any exclude made for 61B will not work

and the added KBVU version will interfere.

It will do so with both the default airport and any addon.

This is what I suspect here.

If it helps, imagine someone being told to deny entry to a gathering to a person named Smith.

That person arrives, but as she is now married, she is called Jones.

Shouting out "Smith, please leave" still refers to her but she pays no attention, because she is no

longer called Smith.

I checked with my internet provider and fortunately since everyone is staying home these days for the virus they removed the internet limit on my service until the end of May.  So I just uninstalled all of my Orbx scenery and started P3D and went to 61B and only saw the elevation issue due to the Pilot's mesh being installed.  Now I am reinstalling my Orbx scenery and will let you know what I discover.

I'm having the same issues. It seems as if the non-Orbx scenery that is being displayed is an airfield with the ICAO of KVBU. (This was found out after disabling all Orbx instances of 61B or KVBU) There are no other files in my main P3D folder with KVBU. I also have updated my core NavData from "https://www.aero.sors.fr/

Is there any way to exclude whatever scenery is displaying KVBU?

Edited by kmelz

Hello,

the persistent error could be that your default airports have been modified.

If this were to be the case, then the 61B exclude would not work on KBVU and would adversely affect the airport.

You could try disabling G:\P3D v4\scenery\0202\scenery\APX17190.bgl and see if the addon then looks as it should.

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

The presence of an added elevation for KBVU is still my main suspect.

An airport named 61B could not exclude it, either in the default version or in the addon version.

I was hoping this wasn't going to be the case, but had a feeling it was going to be.  We had a good discussion about this awhile back.  Have a feeling this is going to be a frequent support issue for this product.  I'm actually surprised this product didn't get the BVU designation.

Edited by medx421

8 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

That aside, P3D v5 might well change things a great deal.

I don't know.  If v5 updates the ICAO's to current, then Boulder City is going to be BVU by default which is the crux of this issue.  I plan on buying this product, but am a day or so out before I can get to sit down at my computer.  If it's still problematic, I'll try and help with a fix, as I have some experience with this thorn.

Edited by medx421
  • Like 1