P3D V5 Beta - GB South

Rob Ainscough

P3D V5 DX12 performance improvements, in V4.5 with the same graphics settings (less TrueSKY obvisouly) is 15 FPS, sometimes as low as 7 FPS.

The good news is: 

MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=320000.000000

TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 

still work in V5 ... if one has the VRAM to spare

Cheers, Rob.

The real question for me is....how well will v5 perform with aircraft add-ons like PMDG, FSL, etc?

Since the vast majority of sim flyers arer flying in 3rd party payware aircraft - whether large liners or smaller props - they each chew frames up - ergo, I'd like to see Rob fly any of these 3rd parties a/c for a real substantive/meaningful comparison on video.

2 hours ago, XCLTM3 said:

I'd like to see Rob fly any of these 3rd parties

Unfortunately it is NOT as easy to get PMDG and FSLabs aircraft working in V5, otherwise I would have (DRM and version checking and DX11 specific usage) ... so will have to wait for them to announce their updates.  Carenado is fairly easy to move over "as is" but they aren't as complex as others.  But either way, I'm seeing a 90% FPS increase on two of my PC's (7900X at 4.5Ghz and 9900K at 5.2Ghz) using the same graphics settings.

Cheers, Rob.

21 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Unfortunately it is NOT as easy to get PMDG and FSLabs aircraft working in V5, otherwise I would have (DRM and version checking and DX11 specific usage) ... so will have to wait for them to announce their updates.  Carenado is fairly easy to move over "as is" but they aren't as complex as others.  But either way, I'm seeing a 90% FPS increase on two of my PC's (7900X at 4.5Ghz and 9900K at 5.2Ghz) using the same graphics settings.

Cheers, Rob.

Good/valid point Rob.

Can't wait to see your vids detailing these aircraft in v5 when available. 

Thanks for your efforts leading the way and sussing the pitfalls 

We all have large sophisticated systems at risk if a premature update is attempted 

So your trail blazing work is much appreciated-you lead we follow-after a while!
xxd09

On 4/12/2020 at 5:01 PM, xxd09 said:

Thanks for your efforts leading the way and sussing the pitfalls 

We all have large sophisticated systems at  Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox risk if a premature update is attempted 

So your trail blazing work is much appreciated-you lead we follow-after a while!
xxd09

P3D V5 DX12 performance improvements, in V4.5 with the same graphics settings (less TrueSKY obvisouly) is 15 FPS, sometimes as low as 7 FPS.

Archived