Sea Level Issue

wrathchild666

Hi folks

New to Orbx products and enjoying immenseley, apart from one smallish niggle.

i'm using the EU Scotkand scenery and finding the sea level too low.  You shouldn't be able to cross the Firth of Forth on foot at the bridges  :-)

Is this a common issue, and is there a remedy?

2 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello, welcome to the forums.

Have you set your Mesh Resolution to 5metres ?

Thanks for the quick reply.  I’ve tried this as suggested but no joy I’m afraid.

For info I’m running FSX with Acceleration Pack on: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 4ghz, AMD Vega 8 Graphics 16gb 3000mhz, 1TB HDD on Windows 10.

Are there suggested guidelines for all graphics settings when running this product?

2 hours ago, wrathchild666 said:

suggested guidelines for all graphics settings

Hello, in your FSX - Orbx - User Documents there should be a FTX EU SCO user guide.

I also have the FSGX2010 mesh installed. Below are my FSX graphic settings.

How different is your view to mine ?

Forth bridges.jpg

FSX settings.jpg

1 hour ago, Smudger said:

Hello, in your FSX - Orbx - User Documents there should be a FTX EU SCO user guide.

I also have the FSGX2010 mesh installed. Below are my FSX graphic settings.

How different is your view to mine ?

Forth bridges.jpg

FSX settings.jpg

I've replicated your settings and this is the result, still no change.  Please note I don't have  FSGX2010 though.  Only FSX + Acceleration.

Capture.PNG

6 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Please post a copy of your scenery.cfg file found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Please note: Do not open the file and copy and paste the contents, just attach the file.

Hi Doug

Please see attached, although this is from Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, hopefully it's correct.

Thanks

scenery.cfg

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please go back to your Orbx Central Insertion Point page and set the Airports and Regions to just below Addon Scenery.

If that makes no difference, then please take a look at this topic:

I've made the suggested amendment in the Central Insertion Point Page and it seems to have done the trick.  The Firth of Forth looks glorious now.  I'll take a trip around the coast elsewhere over the next day or so to ensure everywhere else is fine, but it's probably fine.  If there's any more problems I'll be back on.

Thanks to both yourself and Doug for helping me out, it's much appreciated.  I might be tempted to buy something else now.  :-)

Archived