YWVA Warnervale

MotoDave

Bernie, thanks for your insight, that was interesting.  The narrowness of this runway is extreme in my opinion.  

Carlos, I have AusV2 checked and if memory serves verify files is a last resort suggested by developers, perhaps I'm wrong.

Thanks again...

Hello,

Question:

On 3/31/2020 at 3:33 AM, MotoDave said:

Finally got altitude issue solved.

What sort of "altitude issue" did you have?

Question:

18 hours ago, MotoDave said:

The narrowness of this runway is extreme in my opinion.  

Answer:

The current airport utilises a 970 metre runway of variable width between 7 and 9 metres. The runway is constrained by its pavement design and the topography to the north which imposes development height restrictions.23 May 2012

Question:

10 hours ago, MotoDave said:

No joy with this payware product.  Turning the focus while sitting on the runway illustrates more altitude error.

Warnavale_mountains.gif

Answer:

I cannot replicate this:

1.jpg

Question:

On 3/31/2020 at 3:33 AM, MotoDave said:

Tremendous terrain creeping, terrain CFG replacement trick did not fix.

ywva.gif

Answer:

I still have the same issues.  

I don't have An'ts airport installed.

I reinstalled a few times, verified files once.

I searched FSX for YWVA files, they are present only in the Orbx folders, and an ALT file in the scenery world scenery.

I must be missing a step.

Upon first install, after observing the ground altitude dips and valleys and shade creep within the confines of the actual airport, I looked for an ALT file in scenery/world/scenery.  I did not find an ALT file so I decided to install once again to see if one was needed.  

Second installation installed an ALT file and fixed that altitude issue within the airport.  Only later did I observe the small pointed areas next to the buildings that are not on the airfield proper.  The ground creep has always been present.

Has to be a conflicting installation from some 3rd party, only thing I can think of.

Archived