Is Victora+ a good addition to PNW?

SeaToSky

I've been a very big fan of Jon and Holger's Vancouver+ v3 for many years. However, I never knew much about Victoria+ until reading a number of old posts on this forum. This could go in FSX Support forum I'm sure, but since I'm capable to install Vancouver+ on P3D, I would be looking to do the same with Victoria+.

I found an old post from Jon stating that Victoria+ can be downloaded here:

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=143695&CatID=fsxscen

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=143693&CatID=fsxscen

But leads to a ' Sorry, there is a problem. We could not locate the item you are trying to view. '

And I also noticed it was listed on Jon's site, but the URL no longer points to the files:

http://www.jonpatch.ca/flightsim/index.html

Apparently there was a PNW version as well, but not sure if it was regarding the Orbx PNW add-on. The Victoria+ add-ons are ten years old, but if they are anything like Vancouver+, and enhance my experience in Orbx PNW, I would really like to install it.

Can anyone confirm or deny if it includes additional scenery above and beyond Orbx PNW, or if there is a newer Victoria based add-one available? It sounds like @Larry_R did a lot of work on Victoria+. How can I get a copy of this?

Helllo SeaToSky

This interests me as I also have Vancouver +3 and and love it

I have also wanted to installed Victoria

I was indeed able to download the files from the two links you posted ( thank you) You need to be logged in to download

I'll install them and will revert with results ( no images as this is a third party product)

If they scenery works nice I will give you a link to download the product if you don't register in avsim first

I'm putting here Holger as he might be very aware of how this product works and might like to give some advise

@Holger Sandmann

I once tried to install it but lots of water disappeared near Nanaimo etc.

I'll give it a try

Cheers

Carlos

You're welcome Ikbenik

I managed to get the water back but the terrain and airport look ugly yet. I read in one of the hundred posts about Vancouver + that for Vic+ the lower priority folder should not be added, so got this result:

sRnodQq.jpg

I found this post by Noel, I'll give it a try tomorrow as it is already 3 am here.

Why can't Orbx simply do Victoria?

Just realized this is more than a 10 year old product

I'll see if I can fix this and if it worth having it being so dated

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks Carlos for the update. I'm sorry to hear that the Victoria+ add-on didn't load as expected. I appreciate you letting us know about your experience.

I would be really interested in a compatible version. If someone from Orbx (or yourself) can let us know if this is possible without ruining the PNW scenery, that would be great.

I will continue to follow this post to see if there are any updates.

Hi guys,

The last freeware version of Vic Plus had many compatibility issues with Orbx PNW even with a variety of tweaks suggested by a few interested users. The old thread on this subject may still be here on the forum. From memory, there were FS9 incompatibilities, never understood crashes, elevation problems on Sidney and James Islands, etc.

As a result, Jon developed Vic Plus for Orbx PNW an inexpensive payware offering. I had some role in it, one that eventually lead to what I do now.  With the sad passing of Jon and the closure of his estate, this product is no longer available. So for now there is no good solution unless you already own Vic Plus for PNW.

With the possibility of  having it as an option for True Earth coverage at some point, I have from time to time considered doing the Victoria Harbour including the seaplane base but this is a large area and compared to my other projects, almost overwhelmingly complicated. Among things I think about is the idea of ‘raising the bar’.  The implication being that it is expected that each new product I might do must be at least equal or better than the last. Some might not care that much, but nonetheless, that is the working expectation and fulfilling it gets harder and harder.

Cheers,

Larry

Thank you very much for such detailed explanation

I really appreciate it and understood about the work load it represents.

Maybe some day...

Thank you very much for your time and be aware I enjoy a lot the ferries and Nanaimo products

Regards,

Carlos

Archived