Advances in Graphics Quality

renault

Just a little something that I though some folks might be interested in knowing about. At the moment , its just emerging technology which will be expanded this year to include more

games in the same manner as Nvidia freestyle is my understanding.

Not only is the visual fidelity outstanding, but the improvement in frame rates is equally impressive. Maybe something to be on the "watch list"

Cheers

Renault

It might be indeed something that helps getting acceptable frame rates in MSFS 2020. For P3D or even FSX, I guess the benefit will be very small, as at least on my setup, the bottleneck is still the CPU and not the GPU. Exception: weather situations with overcast condition etc. But for this, it would already be sufficient if one could turn off antialiasing for clouds specifically ;-)

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

It might be indeed something that helps getting acceptable frame rates in MSFS 2020. For P3D or even FSX, I guess the benefit will be very small, as at least on my setup, the bottleneck is still the CPU and not the GPU. Exception: weather situations with overcast condition etc. But for this, it would already be sufficient if one could turn off antialiasing for clouds specifically ;-)

Interesting thought :)

Cheers

R

Until the major simmers recognise the fact such technology is available - even 4K - and now 8K

- we will continue to be stuck with 2K - and small size monitors -  no matter what recent improvements

have been made with Nvidia GeForce Experience - etc

Microsoft  recognised this in their Gaming and X BOX one X - and their 2020 sim is written 

for X Box Series X - and high end PCs.

This will add strength to the points made by Renault and myself above on Graphics and  Sims quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjgBrfxhXOs&feature=emb_rel_end

Just ignore the part about PS5 and concentrate on the X Box Series X - the specs thereof - and compare the $500

cost of the console with what it will cost to build a comparison spec PC

Just add MS 2020 - a new Yoke - and a 43" 4K/8K for simming Nirvana

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 4:03 PM, John Heaton said:

- we will continue to be stuck with 2K - and small size monitors -  no matter what recent improvements

John, more than a few of us are using large screen TVs as computer monitors for simming.

Personally I use a 65" 4K TV - it has never had a TV signal run through it.

And 65" is not just awesome for simming, next best IMHO is for reading PDFs. Never going back to small...

Cheers

I think that is what I was trying to point out - the best results for 2020 will be only appreciated on a large screen 

whether it be a dedicated 4K/8K monitor - or a TV in leu of. 

Because Of my having an X box X and a 4K 43" TV ( also never had a TV pic thro' it) - when I recently returned to Flight simming

using P3D 4>5 and Xplane 11 for the first time - without some tweaking I couldn't even get a screen fit never mind a good pic

- very probably due to the fact that the specs of my  comp - great for gaming were only mid strength for simming -

so the action I had - to take was to revert to my old 43" HD TV - and now I sail along at 30FPS - all at full right stops.

In summary - my P3D was useless for giving me 4K  - and XP 11 was even worse.

I notice elsewhere (community screenshots) that you have a souped up computer so I am not surprised that you can drive a 65"

but it  shouldn't matter if it is 43" or 55" - or even 65" - the resolution will be the same.  Jokingly B) - it must seem like watching

a tennis match from the sidelines - looking at the control panel of your aircraft. - ie - unless you are on the couch whilst simming.

BTW - on another subject - I took my new cheap Carenado Citation 525 for its first trip from GC to Coffs - and I just wish you would get that

tree on short final removed - the lady in my plane was telling me I still had  100 feet when I hit it !!

Archived