Is this the new normal for Orbx scenery installation?

Just bought the new ESKS and it requires it to be installed into the sim.  The last one I bought was the same way.

I'm just wondering if this will be the new normal because I like to use the Library function of Central, the best thing to happen with Orbx installation in years.  It's kind of making Central's Libraries pointless.

No offense guys, I just need to conserve space.  I have plenty of space on other drives with several SSD/HDD's for Libraries.

Thanks, Jack

Hi Jack,

Due to an issue with how P3D handles scenery elevation, we had to install this one into the simulator. This is because the ICAO code ESKS is recycled from another airport at a different location.

It is definitely not the new normal. Keep in mind that we still have hundreds of products that can be installed into libraries - so they're not entirely pointless ;)

4 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Jack,

Due to an issue with how P3D handles scenery elevation, we had to install this one into the simulator. This is because the ICAO code ESKS is recycled from another airport at a different location.

It is definitely not the new normal. Keep in mind that we still have hundreds of products that can be installed into libraries - so they're not entirely pointless ;)

Thanks Ben but I’ve seen a trend here.  I have everything Orbx makes and they’re spread out across several drives.  I just don’t want to be forced into a situation where I can no longer install into the sim because I’m short on room.  If that happens I’m sure you can how much of a pain it would be to try to move the entire sim to a new larger drive, especially with registry issues.

Archived