Nanaimo and Campbell River

M110A2

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

What nice shots of a great area Vince.

Thanks Jack, I love the area and will be there the end of July into August for vacation this year. Two weeks on Vancouver Island with my wife and siblings and away from Western New York. I want to try and get to Nelson too. 

Though DC3 Airways is dedicated to its namesake, some of our members fly a series of  Multi Player floatplane and amphib routes. We have been doing so since last April, with each route linked to the previous. 

So far, we have done 41 flights. If you are interested in joining future ones, feel free to join and sign on as a pilot at www.dc3airways.net

Sherm

Director Public Relations

DC3 AIRWAYS

Flight 33 VFR Sparrevohn LRRS (PASV) to Tatitna (8KA).pln

Float 1 IFR Kenmore Air Harbor (W55) to Friday Harbor (W33).pln Float 2 VFR Friday Harbor (W33) to Comox SPB (CCX6).pln

On 3/7/2020 at 10:49 AM, schtroumf said:

Great this place and very relaxingB) (maybe by the bears):D

Thanks schtroumf, it's a very peaceful region. I was stationed at Ft. Lewis back in the 90's and a lot of non-military Bivouac's went on. I always had my CAR-15 and Mini-14 at hand, bears were a big problem since we always had made leanto's on trail and a pass and camp fee back then was cheap for Olympic National Park for camp sites. 

On 3/7/2020 at 12:11 PM, bvdboomen said:

The combo of those SB's with PNW is just awesome.

I know they are bvdboomen, I would love to own an Grumman Albatross and make a House Plane/Boat and move to the PNW. I'm just waiting on the wife to retire, I'm already retired and ready to leave New York.

On 3/7/2020 at 12:36 PM, shermank said:

Though DC3 Airways is dedicated to its namesake, some of our members fly a series of  Multi Player floatplane and amphib routes. We have been doing so since last April, with each route linked to the previous. 

So far, we have done 41 flights. If you are interested in joining future ones, feel free to join and sign on as a pilot at www.dc3airways.net

Sherm

Director Public Relations

DC3 AIRWAYS

Flight 33 VFR Sparrevohn LRRS (PASV) to Tatitna (8KA).pln 5.47 kB · 0 downloads

Float 1 IFR Kenmore Air Harbor (W55) to Friday Harbor (W33).pln 5.52 kB · 0 downloads Float 2 VFR Friday Harbor (W33) to Comox SPB (CCX6).pln 6.94 kB · 0 downloads

Oh Yeah, that's right up my alley Sherm. I will send you my details once I'm registered.

1 minute ago, M110A2 said:

Oh Yeah, that's right up my alley Sherm. I will send you my details once I'm registered.

Sherm, I only have PMDG's DC-6 at the moment. I'll have to find a payware DC-3 somewhere.

45 minutes ago, M110A2 said:

Sherm, I only have PMDG's DC-6 at the moment. I'll have to find a payware DC-3 somewhere.

The DC 6 is not an acceptable aircraft for our fleet though the DC 4 is...there are some excellent freeware DC 3s that we can guide you to as well as freeware and spyware on the DC 4  category....

sherm

On 3/8/2020 at 9:54 PM, shermank said:

The DC 6 is not an acceptable aircraft for our fleet though the DC 4 is...there are some excellent freeware DC 3s that we can guide you to as well as freeware and spyware on the DC 4  category....

sherm

oops. not Spyware....should be Freeware.....:-)

Sherm

Archived