EGLC - Strange Bugs

PxlLoewe

Hi,

I just brought the London City Airport Szenery by Orbx and i noticed this area. (Screenshots attached)

I didn´t noticed any misstakes with the .ini file in the custom szenery folder.

After I watched out the forum and a few videos, where nobody had this problem, I decided to create a topic here.

Thanks for the help,

image.thumb.png.3ade9e3bc4dc8675fa8ac621b3f570eb.pngJohannes

image.thumb.png.6c79a169f8472c4d65713463bbac8ba6.png

41 minutes ago, PxlLoewe said:

Thank you for the answer,

i attached my ini fille in here.

Another question, I tried to combine Orbx LFLJ scenery with Orthos. But either I got the standart scenery with the airport looking correct or the airport is messed up and the Orthos are looking good.

scenery_packs.ini 14.83 kB · 0 downloads

EGLC requires TEGB South for full compatibility so that is why you may be seeing some anomaly. Your pics are very dark so i am struggling to see what problem you are referring to. I really need full daylight overhead pics.

Orbx LFLJ is compatible with default XPlane scenery and not with Ortho4xp without some anomalies.

I don't see anything in your scenery_packs.ini that may be causing the anomaly. I suggest you try first to uninstall EGLC using the Uninstall option in Orbx central, and then reinstalling a new copy. Don't use a back up copy if you have one.

What is the total file size of your copy of the installed EGLC? My copy is:

3.96GB

1231 files

33 Folders.

Remember that I have already mentioned that EGLC is most compatible and designed to be used with TEGB South.

Regarding Courchevel, only by using default scenery will the addon be displayed correctly. There is no patch that I know of and Orbx won't be producing one for use with Ortho4xp as it is not licensed.

• 3 weeks later...

Your scenery pack looks fine. 

I want to stress that in the description for EGLC there is a clear warning that if it is not used with TEGB South then there is the possibility that you will get errors, including Photoreal blending.

What bugs are appearing in the Preview screenshots? The white squares in your small pic are supposed to be there if that is what you are referring to.

The X-Plane version of EGLC is our first full PBR airport. We have also included Dynamic Fire & Rescue response. This means that the fire service will respond when an aircraft emergency is declared on approach and fire trucks will deploy to your aircraft position once on the ground! For the best experience, we recommend using EGLC in conjunction with TrueEarth GB South. The scenery will work without it, however some users may experience the following:

• Missing or misplaced forests
  • Missing or misplaced buildings surrounding the airport
  • Photoreal blending

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 7:00 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Your scenery pack looks fine. 

I want to stress that in the description for EGLC there is a clear warning that if it is not used with TEGB South then there is the possibility that you will get errors, including Photoreal blending.

What bugs are appearing in the Preview screenshots? The white squares in your small pic are supposed to be there if that is what you are referring to.

The X-Plane version of EGLC is our first full PBR airport. We have also included Dynamic Fire & Rescue response. This means that the fire service will respond when an aircraft emergency is declared on approach and fire trucks will deploy to your aircraft position once on the ground! For the best experience, we recommend using EGLC in conjunction with TrueEarth GB South. The scenery will work without it, however some users may experience the following:

• Missing or misplaced forests
  • Missing or misplaced buildings surrounding the airport
  • Photoreal blending

This info should be in the product page. I just bought an airport thinking that I did not need a full region only to find out after the fact that I need it. Thanks a lot!

@JoseCFII      This info should be in the product page. I just bought an airport thinking that I did not need a full region only to find out after the fact that I need it. Thanks a lot!

I suggest you read the product page again because that is exactly where the quote i gave comes from. Criticism is fine as long as it is accurate.

4.thumb.JPG.2ca9433abe9f87f9fb02ba21039c5442.JPG

35 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

@JoseCFII      This info should be in the product page. I just bought an airport thinking that I did not need a full region only to find out after the fact that I need it. Thanks a lot!

I suggest you read the product page again because that is exactly where the quote i gave comes from. Criticism is fine as long as it is accurate.

4.thumb.JPG.2ca9433abe9f87f9fb02ba21039c5442.JPG

I saw this after way after I purchased, downloaded, installed into my Xplane 11, and loaded the airport. FPS are low and the issues described in the product page are there. I always look at the bottom of the page 1st. That's where I can clearly see the requirements. For the life of me I can't understand why Orbx will ensure that almost every other airport requires a region but for EGLC they decided that it's ok to list as partially working. Well I do not want a partially working airport especially with bad fps. I'm using XPlane because I'm trying to avoid bad fps and stutters.

Thank you and consider my feedback and Orbx to update the EGLC for XP page.

9 hours ago, JoseCFII said:

I saw this after way after I purchased, downloaded, installed into my Xplane 11, and loaded the airport. FPS are low and the issues described in the product page are there. I always look at the bottom of the page 1st. That's where I can clearly see the requirements. For the life of me I can't understand why Orbx will ensure that almost every other airport requires a region but for EGLC they decided that it's ok to list as partially working. Well I do not want a partially working airport especially with bad fps. I'm using XPlane because I'm trying to avoid bad fps and stutters.

Thank you and consider my feedback and Orbx to update the EGLC for XP page.

The airport itself will work fine, it's just the interface with the surrounding scenery that might be compromised.  In that respect it's not 'partially working'.  And the fps situation is a function of being close to the well known frame rate killer:  London.  There are various solutions to the low frame rates here at the forums, but in itself EGLC is not the cause, with or without the recommended TE GB South.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:49 PM, John Dow said:

The airport itself will work fine, it's just the interface with the surrounding scenery that might be compromised.  In that respect it's not 'partially working'.  And the fps situation is a function of being close to the well known frame rate killer:  London.  There are various solutions to the low frame rates here at the forums, but in itself EGLC is not the cause, with or without the recommended TE GB South.

I understand. I'm making room on my SSD to add GB south. I'm testing Vulkan and performance is significantly improved.

Archived