Problem with Florida and key West

Mawson

Hi I keep getting these error messages with Florida HD and Key West Installed.

If press Ok X Plane 11.41 crashes both in VR and Non VR.

I have verified both Florida HD and Key West files and reloaded Libraries.

It is not doing this if I don't select an airport in Florida. 

florida.PNG

You appear to have enough disk space so I will be asking @Nick Cooper to move this to the Orbx Central support forum.

Nick, the customer has obviously got the necessary prerequisites as he has other TE addons already installed. His TE Florida is already installed and it is apparent that there was and still is more than enough free space on the Disk. Plus he has verified files for both TE Florida and Key West. Therefore there is something else causing this error message unless you can see something I am missing.

Hello Mawson,

here is a reply from another topic.

To help us determine the problem, can you check your installation please>

Hello,

for the record, the file does not seem to be missing from the installer.

2.jpg

Assuming that the installation here went well there should be 14037 files in the 

TrueEarth US Florida HD\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_US_Florida_TE_Orthos\textures folder,

made up of only .dds and .png files and with no .jpg files at all.

There are 10845 .dds files.

Hi, sorry but maybe its my lack of skills but I can only get the count for all files including the .png files in that folder like your example as well.

I have 13970 DDS and PNG files in total in that folder.

I tried downloading the manual install but its says " this product does not have the full build download available".

Any other ideas?

fla hd 3.PNG

fla hd 4.PNG

I have located both the files that says are missing but are in fact there!

I also note that X Plane wont restart at all after it crashes and will not even restart unless I exit from Steam and restart steam.

I have deleted then install and will try again as maybe there was a data corruption during the download. 

fla hd 5.PNG

fla hd 6.PNG

I have received info that may assist. 

"The easiest solution would probably be to delete TrueEarth US Florida HD\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_US_Florida_TE_Custom\convert.json, then click "verify files" again. Central will re-extract the JPGs and convert them to DDS."

Try that if you are able too. maybe too late if you have uninstalled it already.

The other point is how much space is there on your drive where your Temp folder is. The temp folder would normally reside on your C drive unless you have moved it. Remember you will need at least 200GB plus maybe an additional 10-15% of that drives capacity, free space .# for TE Florida to do it's stuff prior to installing onto your G drive

I can try that but this will now be the third time I have downloaded it. It would be better if you could just do a manual download so I don't have to keep doing this!

I also tried deleting the file and verifying and had the same outcome.

2 minutes ago, Mawson said:

I can try that but this will now be the third time I have downloaded it. It would be better if you could just do a manual download so I don't have to keep doing this!

I also tried deleting the file and verifying and had the same outcome.

Don't you have a backup on your D drive considering you have ticked the option to automatically save a backup copy according toy our pic?

Just now, Jon Clarke said:

Don't you have a backup on your D drive considering you have ticked the option to automatically save a backup copy according toy our pic?

Yes correct but its probably corrupt as its just a backup of this file is that not correct?

No. I don't think the copy is corrupt I still think it is probably due to disk space since I now know you are downloading and installing on the same disk.

Make sure you have deleted the convert.json file as I mentioned. What free space have you got on the D drive where your back up is located?

19 minutes ago, Mawson said:

Ok well the D drive says 1.74TB ( See pic on left) but the bad news is I reinstalled from a fresh download  and I am getting the same error.

mmmmm

OK please attach copy of the Log file located in the XP directory and we will forward it for investigation by the Orbx central folk. Please run XP first so that the error message appears and then exit XP. Then attach the Log file. 

@Ben McClintock Hi Ben. Regarding my PM to you, please find above, a copy of Mawson's Log txt file. As you can read in the numerous posts to date he has just downloaded onto  a drive with over 1TB of free space, and tried to install onto a drive with over 500GB of free space. He is still getting the same error message as before regarding the missing dds file.

4 minutes ago, Mawson said:

Thanks here you go and I tested it with other scenery and it was fine.

Cheers

Log.txt 65.85 kB · 1 download

You will see my post above. Ben is located in Australia so won't be seeing this post until Australia daytime. In the meantime, just try again to delete the convert.json file in TE Florida/Custom folder and rerun the Verify Files for TE Florida.

Hello Jon,

before I do, I notice that Mawson's temp folder is set to G:\ and then D:\

I would image that would need to be reset to include a folder,

as G:\ and D:\ are not folders at all but drives.

@Mawson

Please create a folder on your D drive and call it "Orbx Central temp file".

Then set the Downloader temporary location to D:\Orbx Central temp file

and try again.

=====================================================================================

To explain your problem, which most definitely is that you do not yet have some of the required files.

1. This statement is incorrect.

I have located both the files that says are missing but are in fact there!

The missing files are not the .ter files but the .dds files, as seen in the message.

You can read that it states "could not locate image file for terrain"

Translated into file names, this means "could not find .dds file for .ter file".

It then names the missing .dds file at the end of the message.

florida.PNG

You show that you have 13970 files in the textures folder.

You are therefore missing only a relatively few files 67 files. 

fla hd 3.PNG

If you open the texture folder and search for *.jpg, you may or may not find some unconverted files.

If you search for *.dds, Windows will eventually show you the number of .dds files.

If you search for *.png, it will also show you the number of .png files.

Ok I have created the new file structure uninstalled and now reinstalling.

Orbx central is scanning and discovers the backup therefore should I delete the backup as it appears to use the backup to reinstall.

I have changed the folder names as required.

Sorry for the multiple drives but you guys keep adding areas and I have to keep adding m2 drives!

orbx central temo files new.PNG

orbx downloader.PNG

fla hd bu.PNG

Ok it's now running, ultimately I believe it was a corrupt backup and every time I reinstalled the scenery via Orbx central it just kept using the same corrupt files rather than a new download.

Maybe when uninstalling you get an box to delete the backup as well.

Thanks 

Archived