Missing trees

Bentree

Hi guys,

Since some time i miss trees in a few of my ORBX sceneries, one of them is 11S Sekui but there are several.

Yesterday i dived into this, in an attempt to solves it.

It sure has something to do with the way P3D handles autogen scenery (and the way scenery devellopers handle their autogen wich conflict with other scenery- even well known ones do this)

Since i have lots of scenery, it is likely that one or more of the installed sceneries is overwriting the autogen file that handles the trees in my ORBX scenery.

I tried to put back some backup files made by the autogenconfiguration manager (a file of December 2018 but was unlucky with that) no show.

reinstalling, migrating sceneries also does nothing, sliding the autogen sliders also not.

Now i even doubt if my ORBX HD trees are showing up. I sure have trees in my scenery with i see big caps.

I did also read that we have to get rid of the autogenconfigurationmerger, because P3Dv4.5 doesn't need it anymore, but where can i find all the files of that tool?

Does somebody know any definite solution for the missing trees to get back in?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Ben

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Ben,

it seems that the "rumour" that P3D v4 does not need the  autogenconfiguration manager is indeed wrong.

In fact, those developers who read that and added their autogen definitions found that as before, P3D reads only the first one.

In doing this, autogen in P3D is broken and even worse, there is no apparent direct connection to where that autogen might be broken,

so for example an airport in Europe that applied changes to the autogen definition managed to remove trees from an airport in North America.

Most developers have already issued updates to correct this problem.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for jumping in here.

I did not remove the autoconfigurationmerger yet, so i leave it as it is.

So i suppose many many simmers with lots of scenery lost their trees.

What is it we can do? (execpt "Format:\ C" and start from scratch)

And do you know if this as any effect on ORBX HD trees?

regards,

Ben

Hello,

I am not sure what the best way forwards is but it is certainly not as drastic as what you are suggesting.

I have sent you a copy of the default Autogen folder in P3D v4 by PM.

Back yours up, replace it with this one and then Verify the Orbx Library and run Sync Simulator.

then go back to Sekiu and see if you have trees.

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately no show.

I also found out that my scenery librairy is mixed up.

As first layers there are some addon sceneries that i can not move up (because they are greyed out and work with an addon xml).

The funny thing is that also one of the Base sceneries is greyed out and also an ORBX one.

Do you know how i can manage those scenery layers info the right order? ( i have set the ORBX insertion point once again, wich was set alright though)

Regards,

Ben

Hello Ben, can you try again please.

I did this:

1. Renamed (P3D v4 root folder)\Autogen to  (P3D v4 root folder)\AutogenXX.

2. Unzipped and then copied the Autogen folder that I sent you into the (P3D v4 root folder).

3. Ran P3D v4, loaded at Sekiu and saw this, as expected.

2020-2-15_13-38-19-133.jpg

4. Closed P3D v4 and ran Verify files for the Orbx Libraries. This adds the required Orbx autogen definitions.

5. Start P3D v4, again at Sekiu and saw this, also as expected.

2020-2-15_13-47-54-589.jpg

Assuming that you have the Orbx payware Sekiu, you should have seen the same.

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately no show, trees stay invisible.

My scenery librairy is corrupted, two ORBX sceneries (and some others) are greyed out and below the first Base scenery.

I can not move them because they are greyed out.

Can ORBX insertion point tool fix this?

Regards,

Ben

It probably does not matter.

I have everything installed inside P3D v4.

I am assuming that you do not and it could even be that is why the fix is not working for you.

I wonder, can you take a look in your Orbx Central Library and see if there is an Autogen folder in there?

If you have installed the Orbx Libraries, then there may well be one in the Orbx Libraries folder and you will need to

make the changes I suggested to that one, instead of the one inside the P3D v4 folder.

There are two autogen files in \ORBX libraries\scripts\ but in the librairy directories there is no autogen directory with the 11 files from the autogen directory that you have sent me.

I now have migrated the librairies outside P3D into the main librairy directory by the way (and veryfied them again, run sync simulator)

Regards,

Ben

Hi Nick

I'm suffering again of missing trees in 0S9 ( very close to Sekiu) where also happens this

I think is Lukla airport in my case as it has an autogen folder and P3D default autogen has this strange file now (enclosed)

JjHUE0M.jpg

I think the auto configurator manager did nothing because the scenery is added to the library automatically, somehow this procedure makes the ACM unable to do its job as it happened with Skiathos. If you remove the xml addon method and add the scenery manually then the ACM does the job.

I'm proceeding this way with Lukla trying to fix my issue with missing trees in 0S9 and missing static planes in KOS.

Maybe Ben has installed a third party add-on that works this way too and is suffering the missing of trees.

I fortunately have a copy of the autogen too to proceed as you indicate above

I though something was wrong with Orbx latest update as I've heard from a Mexican friend he is also missing static planes in 0S9 ( Jefferson county)

Cheers

SNdefaultCode.txt

Hi Carlos,

The first time i saw missing trees was at Skiathos. At first i had trees there ans after some time they vanished.

I have loads of addon scenery, so it can be anything.

I want to install every scenery inside the simulator but sometimes there is no option to change the path....how do you do that?

regards,

Ben

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

can you attach a copy of your default.xml file, as seen in your screen shot please.

Did you buy and install Kos?

Hi Nick

I received this message when trying to upload

You are only allowed to upload 7.95MB.

11 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

can you attach a copy of your default.xml file, as seen in your screen shot please.

Did you buy and install Kos?

Yes I have Kos through Orbx and posted on Orbx about it and in Gaya forum too ( inside Orbx forum)

26 minutes ago, Bentree said:

Hi Carlos,

The first time i saw missing trees was at Skiathos. At first i had trees there ans after some time they vanished.

I have loads of addon scenery, so it can be anything.

I want to install every scenery inside the simulator but sometimes there is no option to change the path....how do you do that?

regards,

Ben

It was with Skiathos when all my trees were gone

I fixed it by removing the automatic addon file, the xml method and then installed it manually, this way the Autogen configurator merger managed to put back my tress in lots of places and coexist with Skiathos.

If you have many add-ons then as you said, it could be any other. France VFR also produces this and now seems Lukla does too.

I deleted the xml file in Lukla, put back my autogen folder back up and I'm about to check 0S9 if it works then it was for sure Lukla

Then will add it manually and see what happens

Will also wait for comments on Nick's revision of the files sent

Cheers

Carlos

Loads and loads of scenery i have indeed....it can be anything.

Now i am at the doorstep of removing P3D and start from scratch or first remove alle the addons but that will probably make P3D not clean enough.

Would you explain me what you mean by:  "I fixed it by removing the automatic addon file, the xml method and then installed it manyally" ?

Where's the automatic addon file? What is the XML method (i suppose installing in \documents\P3Daddons?) and how do you install manually when the installer is not giving you the option to choose the directory to install in?

Regards,

Ben

Hello,

it seems that some airport installers including the one for Gaya Kos, replace the autogen\default.xml files and maybe others.

I find that running verify files for the Orbx Libraries restores the files and that the autogen then shows as it should at 11S.

Of course, one must have autogen set to maximum for this test.

Carlos, I cannot test for Skiathos, as I don't have it but Orbx 11S is a good example of one of the Orbx products affected.

2 minutes ago, Bentree said:

Loads and loads of scenery i have indeed....it can be anything.

Now i am at the doorstep of removing P3D and start from scratch or first remove alle the addons but that will probably make P3D not clean enough.

Would you explain me what you mean by:  "I fixed it by removing the automatic addon file, the xml method and then installed it manyally" ?

Where's the automatic addon file? What is the XML method (i suppose installing in \documents\P3Daddons?) and how do you install manually when the installer is not giving you the option to choose the directory to install in?

Regards,

Ben

Don't uninstall anything if you have that many products

We just need to identify which is the one causing the issue.

I'll explain the Skiathos issue with some images it would be best to understand it better

Just a sec

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it seems that some airport installers including the one for Gaya Kos, replace the autogen\default.xml files and maybe others.

I find that running verify files for the Orbx Libraries restores the files and that the autogen then shows as it should at 11S.

Of course, one must have autogen set to maximum for this test.

Ok I'll verify the libraries and will check Kos

I'll revert asap

Thank you Nick

Hello Carlos,

I have used your autogen default.xml file in my installation and confirm that the trees are all present at 11S.

It seems that is the correct file for the Orbx products.

Of course, if there are other elements that need to be added by other products, they may not work.

The problem seems to arise when another airport is installed.

As far as I can see, some add their own autogen entries to the file but in doing so, wipe out all the entries that are already there.

This makes the airport in question work but breaks autogen in other places.

I have asked internally for advice but of course it is the weekend and I may not receive an answer straight away.

13 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

I have used your autogen default.xml file in my installation and confirm that the trees are all present at 11S.

It seems that is the correct file for the Orbx products.

Of course, if there are other elements that need to be added by other products, they may not work.

The problem seems to arise when another airport is installed.

As far as I can see, some add their own autogen entries to the file but in doing so, wipe out all the entries that are already there.

This makes the airport in question work but breaks autogen in other places.

I have asked internally for advice but of course it is the weekend and I may not receive an answer straight away.

Hi Nick

I did this so far

01.- Disabled Lukla

02.- Put back the autogen back up folder

03.- Run the verification files tool for Orbx libraries

04.- run the sim and went to KOS, there are no static planes yet

cO1OBCk.jpg

Then went to 0S9 and there are no trees :'(

gPvtd4U.jpg

So this time didn't work :blink:

22 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Ok I'll verify the libraries and will check Kos

I'll revert asap

Thank you Nick

Thanks Carlos,

I have a backup of December 13 2019 so i can alway's set this one back, after that backup i installed 10+ scenery.

Unfortunately in this backup the trees are not there too (i already checked that).

Thanks for explaining me your routine, that i will take into account too.

To Nick i want to say thanks for your help, i really appreciate this.

regards,

Ben

Just now, Bentree said:

Thanks Carlos,

I have a backup of December 13 2019 so i can alway's set this one back, after that backup i installed 10+ scenery.

Unfortunately in this backup the trees are not there too (i already checked that).

Thanks for explaining me your routine, that i will take into account too.

To Nick i want to say thanks for your help, i really appreciate this.

regards,

Ben

This means an airport caused that before you did the back up

I will let you know about Skiathos issue soon

I have trees now guys.... but that will not help you though.

I started a HD with a backup version of P3D from 01-01-2019.

I will update Win10 and P3D to the latest version and reinstall all the scenery and others that i have installed since then.

From there i will install addon scenery one by one to see wich one makes a problem regarding to the trees.

My question is.... what to do then, because obviously i want to use the addon that is cause my trees to disappear.... i there a work around then?

regards,

Ben

Archived