SImulator version has changed

mnowinski

Something strange happened to my ORBX Central yesterday.

After starting my flightsim (FSX-SP2/Accel) yesterday I started getting strange messages on my screen referring to changing my simulator version and backing up ORBX files.  I was left with an option to accept changes and continue.  Not wanting to do this, I was able to cancel out of whatever was happening.

I started ORBX Central and got a message to select Simulator type which was set at FSX-SE.  As I am using SP2/Accel version, I tried to select my FSX version and it's folder location but ws unable to and had to let Central continue.  I restarted Central only to find that my selected FSX version kept pointing to FSX:SE and I couldn't find an y way to reset it.

Can someone tell me anything about this problem and  how to fix it?

Thanks Smudger,,, I was able to DL and install the Registry Utility and set the path correctly.  However, ORBX Central (OC) still shows the FSX:SE in the "Simulator Box", and I cannot click on anything to allow me to change it.

OC.png.f6f61db89003cf764cece88ae03e893a.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still not able to change the "Simulator" back to FSX from FSX-SE  While the scenery "seems" to be OK, I can't verify it, howev er now when I look at "My Products" I can see everything I bought, but the the circles which are supposed to indicate that the scenery is loaded are not showing the green check marks like they used to.  If I "uninstall" the file and re-install, the checks come back.

I do have FSX-SE installed on my PC, but don't use it. and I'm still unable to get the "Fix issue" option when I try to verify the FS version I want to use.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Intro:  All Orbx sceneries are "unchecked" on the "My Products" page.

After rereading the Help guide I now know that the scenery products are NOT working properly.  With them installed in the FSX:FE directory, they don't show in regular FSX.  I started FSX/Accel and placed the aircraft at KSAN, one of my purchased sceneries from Orbx.  The default scenery for the area was displayed, not the Orbx scenery.

I then tried the following:

1. Uninstalled the Orbx KSAN Airport .
  2. Reinstalled the KSAN scenery using the FSX:SE Sim name (Could not reset it to FSX
  3. Restarted FSX and  placed the aircraft at KSAN and the Orbx scenery was displayed correctly.
  4. Proceeded with reinstalling all owned Orbx files which were forced to the FSX:SE Sim directories...only to be told that I was out of space on the Sim drive.

At this point I tried creating a new Orbx directory on a drive with more space only for the installer to still put the files on the original FSX:SE drive and not allowing me to select the new Library folder and drive that I had previously created.

Any help to fix this is appreciated.

2 hours ago, mnowinski said:

At this point I tried creating a new Orbx directory on a drive with more space only for the installer to still put the files on the original FSX:SE drive and not allowing me to select the new Library folder and drive that I had previously created.

FSX does not support and is not compatible with the external library function.

Your opening post led us to believe you only ever had FSX boxed installed, so we were equally as baffled.

Having two versions of FSX installed on the same system has indeed caused many users many problems.

But at this stage of the game Orbx Central should see both of them if they are properly installed.

Theoretically if you run both versions up to the default flight one after the other and shut them both down, Orbx Central should find them as individuals and allow you to choose which one to install your products.

Before I tell you the story, take a nice, deep breath.  Everything is working as it should.

First, apologies for forgetting to mention that I was using both Sims.  We often get caught up in trying to explain what exactly happens that we forget underlying details.

That said, I tried running both versions up to the default point and shutting them down  Then started Orbx, but no luck...the Sim option was still limited to SE.  I then decided to try mylast option for the night and deleted FSX:SE from  Steam.  In doing so, Steam told me that I would still the have the sim and would just have to reload it.

As I crossed my fingers and started OC, I saw the selected Sim version change from SE to FSX Box.  I checked "MY Products" and all were there, active and running in FSX Box.  SO far, it has worked fine all day today.

Thanks for hanging in there and offering suggestions...really appreciate it.

Archived