US Florida HD Frame Rate Dropping To Zero

Oceansong

Operating system:  OS 10.14.6

Simulator:  X-Plane 11.41r1

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Florida is causing frame rate to drop to zero when in the KMIA to KEYW corridor. I can take off from KFXE with normal frame rate, around 30 to 40 depending. About halfway down the coast between KFXE and KMIA, the frame rate drops to zero. If I select KEYW for departure, the frame rate is zero upon X-Plane power up. I have just installed Florida, and as far as I have tested it out, experience normal frame rates in other areas. It is only the Keys area where I experience the drop to zero FR, which is most disappointing, because I purchased Florida specifically for flying the Keys.

I have tried reducing the graphic settings as well loading different aircraft, but still experience the drop to zero frame rate in the Keys.

I have all of Great Britain and Northern California installed and with the same graphic settings that cause Florida to drop to zero, have no problem flying with either of these sceneries.

Thanks,

Oceansong

Log.txt

PC specs are in the log I attached to original post- XP graphic settings are on high with zero antialiasing and reflections-TE Florida Overlay is 11.6 GB- by custom folders do you mean the Custom Scenery folder? If so that is 1.05 TB. 

Following up, I have multiple versions of X-Plane installed, one of which has no add ons. I installed Florida in the clean version and it works perfectly with frame rates in the 40'w with graphic settings on high except for world objects, which is on max. Therefore, the original problem I am experiencing is most likely a conflict with another add on. I have suspected it is with a Lua routine, as I have found problems in that area before, but have not determined that to be the case here.

Interestingly enough, I have found that different X-Plane installs on the same machine, perform differently, for no apparent reason that I have been able to determine.

As a final note, I'm a retired pilot and very much appreciate Orbx scenery for the realistic experience it adds to my sim time. I am becoming increasingly wary of Orbx, however, due to the lack of direct company customer support. The premium prices we pay for their software demands top flight support, which isn't being provided. That may well, one day, tip the balance in favor of bypassing additional purchases from them. If you are reading this Orbx staff, you might want to give that serious consideration.

the lack of direct company customer support

The premium prices we pay for their software demands top flight support, which isn't being provided

Hello,

it has been considered many times and is being considered even now.

I am making the assumption that you mean a personal and private e mail exchange.

If so, direct product support in those terms, while excellent for the recipient, helps one person at a time.

The support forums are an equally effective way of providing direct customer support, with the

advantage that they are also a vast repository of knowledge that allows customers to both resolve

their problems and read other customers' tips for improving the customer experience.

If you are reading this Orbx staff, you might want to give that serious consideration.

You seem to have overlooked that both Jon and I are indeed "Orbx staff" and reacted within an hour

of your request. Until you sample the quality of that support, to condemn it as inadequate is unwarranted.

Nevertheless, it is pleasing to read that you have identified and resolved your own problem.

3 hours ago, Oceansong said:

As a final note, I'm a retired pilot and very much appreciate Orbx scenery for the realistic experience it adds to my sim time. I am becoming increasingly wary of Orbx, however, due to the lack of direct company customer support. The premium prices we pay for their software demands top flight support, which isn't being provided. That may well, one day, tip the balance in favor of bypassing additional purchases from them. If you are reading this Orbx staff, you might want to give that serious consideration.

Only after successfully discovering the perceived fault was not at all due to the Orbx addon, do you happen to mention you have several installs of XP. I assume each install will possibly have different content otherwise the multi installs would serve no apparent purpose. The performance problem was down to your installations and other addon conflicts, and nothing to do with a fault in the addon As Nick says your query was attended to within one hour of your posting. You will not get better attention on any other forum.

The Orbx support forums are attended to by fellow customers as well as the noted "Orbx staff" and we ALL try to assist where we can in resolving issues.

Your problems were caused by an addon conflict which would never have been rectified in a timely manner until all possible information regarding it's installation, other addons in that installation, plugins etc that could potentially cause conflicts, scenery_packs layering etc, etc. were known about and many different "test" scenarios suggested. This would ultimately have concluded with a suggestion to temporarily disable ALL other addons except TE Florida and see if the fps drop persisted.

I think that a 22 hour gap from initial post, to a self found remedy is excellent service.

I'm new to the support forum and I certainly didn't intend to slight or offend- just not a big fan of forum support as opposed to the  personal direct support I receive on most of my other pay ware. I'm also not receiving all of the notifications of posts.

My issue hasn't been resolved. Yes,I found that  Florida performs well in an X-Plane install with few other add ons, but how practical is that? I buy a fairly large amount of pay ware every year, and expect each to play nice with the others. With over a terabyte of add ons in my primary install of X-Plane, trying to find the one that conflicts with Orbx is not an easy proposition. That's what I pay a developer to iron out.

Blue skies!

Unfortunately in most sims there is not always the seamless "play nicely together" option you are seeking. Even an update to the sim can cause addons to be incompatible or create anomalies. Your addons are unknown to us and therefore resolving your initial problem would be an endless task.

You say you have many installs of XP. I would suggest then that you may wish to have one with just Orbx scenery on it and therefore have no addon clashes. 

Not looking for fine points here- just broad across the board compatibility. Understandably there are always glitches in digital development compatibility. If Orbx is doing its best it can in that area, then more power to you. Orbx isn't the only developer to produce compatibility issues in my simming, and obviously no developer can know exactly what is in every simmer's inventory of add ons. While it seems to be more effort than what should be required, I think you're right Jon- keeping an X-Plane copy dedicated to Orbx is probably the only workable solution for those experiencing the same issues I'm having. Being a pilot who loves hand flying VFR (which is becoming a lost art these days), I greatly appreciate the Orbx experience. I never tire of looking out the window, even in the sim.

Wow your sure going about this the wrong way if you have a problem.  Flight sim issues go hand in hand with the hobby - most of the time issues you encounter are of your own making.  My advice is don’t join up to a forum and start bashing the devs that is not going to curry much favour!!

Archived