Strange mountain textures

Hello

I hope someone can help me, I am getting strange textures over mountains especially at night.  I have included some screenshots

Am running FTX Cental V3. Initially i had all my airports at the top of the scenery order followed by libs then open LC. I have just loaded my sim and all the scenery has changed to the enclosed screenshot. Not sure what is going on here and am very confused.

JdR3qhg.jpg

ACBNWBv.jpg

pgaEnfU.jpg

iO9OPeF.jpg

scenery order after loading the sim today  ( this has changed?)

Dt277hx.jpg

hTpCxer.jpg

Hi

First, 

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Hello,

can you try this please:

Link to terrain.cfg file

1. Delete (Your FSX root folder)\Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl.

2. Run Verify files for the Orbx Libraries which will replace that file.

At this point, you might like to try again.

If the problem persists:

3. Delete (Your FSX root folder)\terrain.cfg

4. replace it with the attached default terrain.cfg file.

5. Open Orbx Central and run Sync Simulator which will add

back the necessary Orbx entries to the terrain.cfg file.

Try again and see if all is now well.

Thanks

I see nothing wrong with your scenery.cfg.

What time of day and what season and date are you using for your screenshots?

And what exactly is it about the textures you see that does not seem correct? The lights on the ground? Or the patchy snow cover?

Could you please post some screenshots of the same area in day light.

This is what I see at about 7nm NW of EG73. This is with only my OpenLC EU active and today's date.

EG73.PNG

EG73 D.PNG

Hi Doug

I have taken some more screenshots

Departing runway 36 from EGPO the problem become apparent just north of the runway

Looking back at the runway all looks fine

Hxp57ys.jpg

Just north of the airport  They don't look like lights, more like blobs

bR3biNp.jpg

Same location taken at daytime (12:51)  date today

qQUSO33.jpg

I then thought i would try it on my other pc which i never upgraded from the old FTX Central 2 running windows PC and everything is fine on this machine. No strange blobs.

Daytime

nERIYPk.jpg

Nightime

w6RK2qF.jpg

So must be something wrong with my installation somewhere am happy to completely start again with my orbx installation if need be just want to sort out why it's doing this. Currently running the new ORBX Central

I have tried different settings in the global light configurator but it has made no difference. 

It's definitely not light related as the yellow spots as i call them are flat where as the lights are just above the ground.

if all else fails can you tell me how i can completely remove all orbx from my FSX set up and I will try and start again, maybe something happened with the upgrade to ORBX central as i don't recall the problem before.  It has also made be very worried about upgrading from my old FTX Central V2 on my other PC

Flying at night is currently a pain with this problem

cheers

Hi

i have just tried disabling all my non ORBX airports from the scenery library and unfortunately this has not made any difference

am running a pretty minimal set up,  just a couple of uk2000 and sim720 airports

2 hours ago, Dazkent said:

Can you tell me how to uninstall

Hello Dazkent,

if your FSX is on its own drive or partition, simply formatting that will remove Orbx and FSX, giving you a clean platform to start afresh.

Keep your fresh install on the same drive, be sure to run FSX at least once when you have installed it before running Orbx Central and installing the products.

Or you can use FTX Central / Orbx Central to select each product page and select Uninstall.

Hi

FTX Global is a default texture replacement and does not have an uninstall option because if it was uninstalled the sim would no longer work, so it will be removed when the sim is removed. Be sure to delete the ORBX folder that is found in the root FSX folder.

Orbx Central does not need to be uninstalled, but can be done by using the the windows programs/apps list to uninstall.

Just be sure to do a proper uninstall and reinstall of FSX as per the below linked guide.

https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Thought I would give an update

Have done a complete uninstall of all add ons, scenery and FSX and still the problem persists, at the moment have two options

Run Global only or use ORBX Scotland (bought 2nd copy for this PC) and don't have the issue.

Are one of the developers able to look into this?

Am now very hesitant about upgrading my main flight PC running FTX Central 2 as that has no issues at all

Archived