KRDD ground smoothing elevation issue

B77X

14 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Apparently not, judging by my screen shot?

What do you use to update the navdata?

I added a CVX file compiling from the KRDD afcad (and removed ADEX_FTX_NCA_O85_Benton_CVX.bgl )

g2NgaQg.png

ground back to normal.

Ptfg9AH.png

Hi guys, 

Like most products of the same vintage, KRDD was designed to work properly with the corresponding region installed - in this case, NCA. As such, the KRDD airport flattens/elevation info draws from the NCA version of the airport that sits underneath, rather than having it's own unique CVX. It is purely coincidence that the airport also works easily with the default (ie, if you don't have NCA installed). Because you are calling on a third-party file that has conflicting elevation, and because you disabled the NCA files that have an impact on the HD version of the airport, this is likely why you had the conflicts. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

8 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Hi guys, 

Like most products of the same vintage, KRDD was designed to work properly with the corresponding region installed - in this case, NCA. As such, the KRDD airport flattens/elevation info draws from the NCA version of the airport that sits underneath, rather than having it's own unique CVX. It is purely coincidence that the airport also works easily with the default (ie, if you don't have NCA installed). Because you are calling on a third-party file that has conflicting elevation, and because you disabled the NCA files that have an impact on the HD version of the airport, this is likely why you had the conflicts. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I do have Northern California installed.... my first post I said I disabled the NCA afcad and cvx files to try to find a solution and the only solution found is creating my own cvx file for krdd

8 hours ago, B77X said:

I do have Northern California installed.... my first post I said I disabled the NCA afcad and cvx files to try to find a solution and the only solution found is creating my own cvx file for krdd

Sorry, I couldn't ascertain from your first post whether the issues were there before or after you removed the files. In that case, it will be a simple case of conflicting elevation between your navdata and our scenery - your own custom CVX file has solved the issue. Whilst I haven't tested with the same nav updates you have, I suspect copying the relevant CVX file from NCA over to the KRDD scenery folder would have the same result. 

Cheers,

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, B77X said:

Orbx Norcal owner or only KRDD?

I believe my set up is same as yours. 
Global>Open LC NA>FTX NCA>TE NCA it seems TE is whats effecting the airport and it looks just the way yours does in the above shot. Without TE its fine and no other airports are affected... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 8:53 AM, newmanix said:

I believe my set up is same as yours. 
Global>Open LC NA>FTX NCA>TE NCA it seems TE is whats effecting the airport and it looks just the way yours does in the above shot. Without TE its fine and no other airports are affected... 

I do not have TE I am not sure I can help

Might be worth looking at the following topic

As far as I know the version of KRDD used in TE Nor Cal is the same as the one used in the FTX Nor Cal.

We found that a file ADEX_FTX_NCA_KRDD_Redding_Mun_CVX.bgl kept being disabled because KRDD was installed and this caused the elevation anomalies.

The solution was to put a copy of that file in the KRDD scenery folder.

All the best,

John

1 hour ago, John Burgess said:

As far as I know the version of KRDD used in TE Nor Cal is the same as the one used in the FTX Nor Cal.

We found that a file ADEX_FTX_NCA_KRDD_Redding_Mun_CVX.bgl kept being disabled because KRDD was installed and this caused the elevation anomalies.

All the best,

John

Thank you John i’ll give it a try!!

On 3/24/2021 at 1:42 AM, John Burgess said:

All the best,

John

Worked! Thank you good sir!!!

Archived