Major issue with TESouth and Xplane 11

Franco_cov

Guys,

Need some help I am literally pulling my hair aout and frustrated with getting this game and scenery to run as good "as its advertised" even comparing to same location in one photot near dome in London.

I shall include some examples of the issue i am facing, I am also playing in VR but performance wise not really an issue just how the scenery looks even if i put everything to max (exc reflections and AA) just looks awful.

My rig is i9 9900k 3.6mhz, 16gb ram, 2080ti gpu and m2 SSD

My config for scenery.ini is as follows:-

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Airport Environment HD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

I used Orbx Central to install into Xplane 11 have also done a verify of files and tried both options for road textures.

I do also have 50gb+ of Global Scenery (if that makes a difference) as I have tried without this but then when I say load up Gatwick (which should be in TE South) loads airport up ok but then comes up saying missing scenery, so I click cancel then go straight back in and then scenery appears???

So am confused as the global scenery is not referred to in the custom scenery ini so dont know how thats used and if its impacting my TE South.

I have seen countless you tubes etc.. and it looks stunning, but sadly I am not getting any of that, I refuse to believe its an issue with my rig as its quite a powerful one.  Have tried also various plugins to maxmise the fps (not that i really need it, but to be sure) such as VMI Twick VR or 3jFPS and even ovr-settings (As I have the Oculus Rift CV1)

So I begging for help on this as I really want to get into this sim and vatsim etc but until I get the sim to look as it should I cant progress, so guys help please before I am forced to give up and admit defeat.

dome - london.PNG

london2.PNG

london4.PNG

Order Receipt: 5e238d4fc6976

Guys,

Need some help I am literally pulling my hair aout and frustrated with getting this game and scenery to run as good "as its advertised" even comparing to same location in one photot near dome in London.

I shall include some examples of the issue i am facing, I am also playing in VR but performance wise not really an issue just how the scenery looks even if i put everything to max (exc reflections and AA) just looks awful.

My rig is i9 9900k 3.6mhz, 16gb ram, 2080ti gpu and m2 SSD

My config for scenery.ini is as follows:-

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Airport Environment HD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

I used Orbx Central to install into Xplane 11 have also done a verify of files and tried both options for road textures.

I do also have 50gb+ of Global Scenery (if that makes a difference) as I have tried without this but then when I say load up Gatwick (which should be in TE South) loads airport up ok but then comes up saying missing scenery, so I click cancel then go straight back in and then scenery appears???

So am confused as the global scenery is not referred to in the custom scenery ini so dont know how thats used and if its impacting my TE South.

I have seen countless you tubes etc.. and it looks stunning, but sadly I am not getting any of that, I refuse to believe its an issue with my rig as its quite a powerful one.  Have tried also various plugins to maxmise the fps (not that i really need it, but to be sure) such as VMI Twick VR or 3jFPS and even ovr-settings (As I have the Oculus Rift CV1)

So I begging for help on this as I really want to get into this sim and vatsim etc but until I get the sim to look as it should I cant progress, so guys help please before I am forced to give up and admit defeat.

dome - london.PNG

london2.PNG

london4.PNG

Very difficult to determine the problem as I cannot replicate the issue. I am attaching a pic trying to copy exactly the location of your first pic near the O2 Arena. The only difference I see is in the quality and colouring of the ground textures, as it appears that all the buildings are there. One setting you don't mention, and is an important one, is your Texture Quality setting in XP. It really needs to be at the last but one setting to the right on Maximum. Remember at low altitude the ground will look somewhat blurry despite the ZL17. A new pic, in non VR with the higher Texture Quality setting and taken at around >2000ft may give a better impression for me to look at.

It appears that your installation is correct, that you have the required London Landmarks  and a nominally correct scenery pack layering. I would suggest you amend slightly the scenery pack and directly under Global Airports place London Landmarks followed by the TEGB South Custom/Overlay/Orthos sequence. Also move Needles to above Global Airports. Orbx Central continues to place Needles incorrectly as it s classified as an airport (chopper landing platform) and should be above Global Airports.

The above changes will not affect your visual imagery problem but is just advice.

Remember that when you change your Texture Quality setting, you need to exit XP for that change to take effect.

This is what I see:

1.thumb.JPG.41decdb732d343e976a62c12a39dd0f9.JPG

Were the pics you posted done with your settings at Maximum? You say you have had them on Max, not that they are on Max. Also you need to take a pic with the settings I asked for and from the height I asked for. The pics you have submitted are low altitude. I agree that your pics don't look like the advertised ones but they also don't look like the one I posted either. My pic is far more vibrant and colourful than any of yours, so I am struggling to determine the cause of your washed out pics other than pointing to your settings in XP.

What is your screen resolution? With a 2080ti you should at east be able to get have a XP setting of 2560x1440 or 3840x1600. I run at either of those resolutions. I have a 4K monitor but I vary my screen resolution setting in XP from Default (3840x1600 4K) to 2560x1440 (2K) to increase performance capabilities.

Regarding the transparent buildings appearing, that is a known bug and reported. It was caused by a mesh adjustment in the TEGB South update quite a time ago now.

Thanks for the pics and your XP settings. I am now unable to determine what is the best course of action to try and get a better quality image.

As a matter of interest, do you think the pic I posted is also washed out, not up to the quality of image you expected? I would like your opinion please. If you think that my pic is of the same visual quality as your latest pics then it maybe you're expectations are too high. If you think my pic is better quality then it may be due to the fact I also use X-Vision as an enhancement.

I have had a discussion with someone regarding the image quality you show. He points out that all your pics are taken from within the cockpit and therefore will be looking through glass. This will have influence on the quality of the ground texture being viewed. Also note that 99%  of the Product Screenshots were taken out of the cockpit in spot view so there would be no "through glass" image reduction. Most Product screenshots appear in the Product Preview forum and almost all are using X-Vision and UWXP addons. 

Ok will check tonight if there is a difference wish the wash effect without glass, however I still think the textures should be better. I dont expect it to be 100% obviously but the areas I have shown it's like the building have been squashed like a can if that makes sense or like a building site before anything was built surely it should not be like that?  Maybe when advertising the product you show what is expected from the product alone and what can be achieved without any assistance.

To be fair you dont buy a sportscar that you have seen advertised to do 0 to 60 in 5 secs and then told after you bought it that actually to do that you have to replace the engine?

Your second pic in the first pics you posted, is around the Shard building. I attach 2 pics of what I see at the same location. You are missing or not displaying a whole load of buildings. Compare my shots with yours. I don't know what XP settings you had for the first lot of pics but they were not set to Maximum for World Objects or if they were then you have a load of missing files in TEGB Custom and Overlay. Seeing as you don't get error messages about missing items I can only assume your files are complete.

Capture.thumb.JPG.b26fcde080a05a80cd61631ac6396f5c.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.c6732ed054d9dcaa8aee605d92891e56.JPG

Just to confirm my settings was on max when I took those original screenshots and the ones you provided show the game as I expect to get colour and being washed is one thing but complete missing building and blurred scenery is another something is not right at all and now desperate for a solution. I also compared behind the glass and outside and no difference in colour and the washed out is the same.

So please any suggestions as I want to get it sorted now and was interested in getting more scenery etc but not going to throw money at it on the chance it's going to resolve it the stuff I am missing is expected to come with the scenery. Colours etc  yes may be enhanced.

If my pictures are what you also expect to see then I can only suggest that you uninstall TEGB South and the OrbxLibs XP and run the XP installer to check that you have no missing XP files, and reboot PC. Then reinstall TEGB South, OrbxLibs XP, reboot, then open XP and load an EGLC flight.

I have proven that there is nothing wrong with the TEGB South programme via my posted pics which are of the quality you are looking for especially the number of buildings etc. The colouring maybe well be due to enhancement addons like X-Vision.

There is something wrong your end not in the Orbx TEB addon as far as I can see.

The reinstall suggestion is the only way I can think of making sure everything is as it should be.

Orbx central does not need to be running when using XP but obviously required to Uninstall and download/reinstall Orbx addons like TEGB South and OrbxLibs XP.

The folders for TEGB South are in your Custom Scenery folder in XP

To open the XP Installer you open the XP installation folder and near the bottom you will see X-Plane Installer (see pic below). Run that and it will check your current installation for any missing files and also notify you of any available XP udate versions. The latest proper version is 11.41.

Capture.thumb.JPG.4e42e278ce255171b80ef2910eb0d31e.JPG

6 hours ago, Franco_cov said:

Any ideas? :(

Yes. As I suggested, the only way forward that I can determine is to uninstall and reinstall TEGB South and OrbxLibx XP, having followed the suggestion regarding running the XP installer. The difference in file sizes indicates that maybe the installation did not complete fully, but I am only guessing. Unfortunately it is not possible to only download the Custom and Overlay folder content, so a complete reinstall is required.

Cannot see this post in Orbx Central forum yet so I presume its still open here. I have exactly the same problem i.e. the number of files in the folders as below.

Custom = 3.59GB, 1726 files, 47 folders  ( one file missing ? )

Overlay = 1.65GB, 2877 files, 103 folders ( lots missing here! )

re-installed and verified files...all ok

Is this being looked at by someone ?

6 hours ago, john548 said:

Cannot see this post in Orbx Central forum yet so I presume its still open here. I have exactly the same problem i.e. the number of files in the folders as below.

Custom = 3.59GB, 1726 files, 47 folders  ( one file missing ? )

Overlay = 1.65GB, 2877 files, 103 folders ( lots missing here! )

re-installed and verified files...all ok

Is this being looked at by someone ?

You need to allow time for the switch to the correct forum. Your problem may not be exactly the same root cause as the original poster so it is preferred that you have your own post and not add to an existing one. You are only stating you have a different file count, where as the original poster is lacking many buildings etc and is possibly an installation problem. Yours is just a comment about a difference in file sizes.

@Mitchell Williamson for your comments please as there are many instances of different file counts and associated problems with supposed complete installations.

Yes Jon, its just a comment meant to help find a solution to the OPs problem. But looking at my Overlay size compared to yours makes me think that something needs investigating ??

Besides that, I have been experimenting by uninstalling and reinstalling GB South and each time...in the extracting process of the Downloading and Installing operation the Extracted figures stopped at 32352/32400 and thats where it stayed. Maybe it will help...or maybe not.

Cheers

Hi

The most common reason for this issue is lack of hard drive free space in the appropriate locations.

How much hard drive free space do you have?

Where have you chosen to locate the temp folder in the settings/downloader options?

The install will need up to three times the download size in the temp folder to download and extract, this would be approx 75gb, then it will need an addition 130gb to install the product to its final location. 

So not jumping to anything here, but is this the reason my sim look terrible as per the conversation above (screenshots etc) I was under the impression its 27gb to download and then when extracted is 130gb approx.  So what your saying is i need 27gb to download 75gb for it to do its thing then an additional 130gb for the finished package meaning i will need 240gb and then i assume will then free up 75gb after the package complete?

Archived