Landing At Sedona Problem

MAAJR57

I can't seem to get my A2A C172 to land at Sedona. No matter how slow I go I can't get the plane to sink onto the runway. The tail raises so the plane is pointing at the ground as if in a dive and continues to float down the runway. Considering that KSEZ is at a higher altitude the plane should sink easily. Anyone else having a similar problem? Am I missing something?  Bowerman has no issues so it's not the plane. 

4 hours ago, MAAJR57 said:

I tried with and without flaps Doug.

Thanks for rubbing it in Stewart. Are we talking real life Sedona or Orbx Sedona?

Not trying to rub it in, sorry;  just a comment to confirm the problem is not one I've encountered, nor one that has been mentioned before.   Flying into Orbx Sedona.

14 hours ago, MAAJR57 said:

If anyone else has an A2A C172 Trainer and Sedona

Hello MAAJR57,

A2A Cessna C182 accusim, from 19AZ to KSEZ rwy03 no problem.

KFLG to KSEZ rwy21 I did encounter a problem. The descent once you have passed the range is quite steep, requiring power down, there is also a rocky prominence just before rwy21 that is about 150 ft higher than the runway and 1st attempt I was too high over that at 70 knots with flaps and found that the aircraft just kept drifting, would not attempt to land, which is where you could be getting your nose down effect.

Doing a go around and back toward the range then turning back to rwy21, keeping to 70kts with flaps and trying to just clear the rocky prominence and then closing power it did settle down onto the runway about halfway down.

Maybe a real pilot could explain the required procedure better. :unsure:

Completed same flight as Smudger, real weather A2A Cessna 182. I have stock KSEZ, not payware….landing was fine, but airport is boxed in on three sides by high rock walls..cannot be corrected with Vector...KSEZ does not show up in options listing for either enable or disable

Sherm

Thank you all! I understand that Orbx is trying to simulate the turbulence at Sedona in real life. They have an updraft rising up the slope of the Mesa to runway 21 which is accurate but the updraft seems to continue all the way down the runway. Is that accurate or realistic? 

Archived