TE-GB Southv2 St Michaels Mount

I have no castle on St Michaels Mount in Cornwall (N50 7.23, W5 29.02). Can anyone else confirm the same? It's there in the X-Plane version and, I thought, in TE-GB v1.

All else in the area looks good, including other POI's.

Just to add, I'm finding version 2 a big improvement over version 1. 

Hi Nick,

I can confirm what Charles is seeing.   The whole St. Michaels Mount POI and retaining walls are missing in TEGB South for P3Dv4 V2 on my system.  See pic below.  I agree with Charles that performance is much better but I am hoping a quick update can be done since at least two key POI models (including Needles as mentioned in another post) are missing. 

St%20Michaels%20Mount.jpg

Thanks,

Rod

Hello,

I agree that the Needles are missing and that has already been reported.

I am not so sure about this one, because, as I have shown, I can see it.

As far as I can see, it is included in one large file, so if you are seeing

one POI, you should see them all.

Have either of you reduced your scenery complexity/density settings?

Hi Nick,

I am running at max complexity and density.  Let me see if I can give you any more insight to the situation.

I can tell you, for sure, that the problem is that my sim doesn't see the St. Michael Mount object.  How do I know that?  Since I have some scenery development experience, I went to a backup of v1 of  TEGB  South and extracted the POI bgl file that contains the St. Michael Mount object, identified  and extracted the required model and texture and created a little mini object library file of St. Michaels Mount for testing.  When I enable that test object library in my sim, the St. Michael Mount object appears on the mound since the placement information for that GUID is in place.  

It looks like your developers probably aggregated the POI Objects via CAD/Computer Graphics software to create .3DM intermediary files before outputting the 3DM_buildings_*.bgl object library  files as well as the compressed .dds files.  As a result, I am not able to look into the 3DM_buildings_*.bgl files that contain all of the objects/POIs for TEGB South v2 to do more research there.  By the way, aggregating the objects throughout TEGB South into 3DM files really has helped the performance immensely.  Kudos to the new Orbx team!  

Now to work further on the issue.  If you are seeing the object and I am not (perhaps along with other people) then you either have a file active that I don't have or you have those St Michael Mount objects enabled somewhere else.  I have attached a txt file containing a directory listing of my FTX_EU_!GBC_05_SCENERY folder.   Perhaps you can compare to yours and see if you have any extra or different files.

Hope this helps.

Rod

FTX_EU!GBSII_05_SCENERY.txt

Hi Nick,

I see exactly what Rod is seeing and confirm that my scenery complexity/settings are set to highest levels. 

I will also check Rod’ s scenery listing against mine. I have found no problem so far in doing the normal scenery integrity checks offered in Orbx Central.

Charles

FYI, I can confirm that the castle isn't there anymore whereas it was present indeed in V1.

Maybe it affects more POI since the lighthouse in the second harbor west of the castle (Gwavas) is missing too:

2020-1-3_10-38-36-520.thumb.jpg.eae35372be48a3b7d11b3b2e20aa3203.jpg

This is the harbor in V1 with the lighthouse (also the buildings are different):

2019-3-5_14-51-11-669.thumb.jpg.8fa774631e6496e13cb17233f5a1bbb3.jpg

Cheers,

Ben.

Archived