Xplane crashes when loading free flight. Cant find scenery

Jonesy1991

Hello. I have patiently waited for true earth central uk to download and install but now when I go to a free flight to explore I get a crash box that states something along the lines of:   cant locate scenery files. Then crashes back to desktop?

I would greatly appreciate some help. 

Thanks

Chris 

7 hours ago, Jonesy1991 said:

Hello. I have patiently waited for true earth central uk to download and install but now when I go to a free flight to explore I get a crash box that states something along the lines of:   cant locate scenery files. Then crashes back to desktop?

I would greatly appreciate some help. 

Thanks

Chris 

Any chance you can grab a screenshot of the message? Also please attach a copy of your XP log from the XP directory, and also a copy of your scenery_packs.ini and your Orbx Central log. The Orbx Central log is located in Users/your name/AppData/Roiaming/Orbx/Central

On 12/30/2019 at 5:40 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Any chance you can grab a screenshot of the message? Also please attach a copy of your XP log from the XP directory, and also a copy of your scenery_packs.ini and your Orbx Central log. The Orbx Central log is located in Users/your name/AppData/Roiaming/Orbx/Central

20191230_162006.jpg

Just now, Jonesy1991 said:

20191230_162006.jpg

On 12/30/2019 at 5:40 AM, Jon Clarke said:

That's everything uploaded.

Thanks

That error message normally indicates a lack of disk space for the installation to complete it's conversion process. Please advise the amount of disk space you have on the disk to which you downloaded to and also the disk to which the addon is being installed on, if different to the download disk.

In the meantime I have rearranged your very small scenery_packs.ini to place the EGCB Barton addon in it's correct place which is above Global Airports. @Mitchell Williamson @Ben McClintock

please take a look at the Central Log and advise if there is anything additional to possible lack of disk space that is causing the error. Thanks:

central.log

scenery_packs.ini

4 hours ago, Jonesy1991 said:

Hello! Happy new year! I have 1.38TB free space after the install? 

Check in the TEGB Central/orthos/terrain folder for any jpg files by entering .jpg (dot jpg) into the small search box. If it finds some then drop the attached bat file into the terrain folder, click on it. It will then run and come up with a line that ends in something like "click any key to continue" Click any key and let it run its course. All this is done in DOS. After it finishes, exit DOS and try loading a flight in TEGB Central and see if you get an error message. If you do, then report back with a copy of your Orbx Central Log file attached, which can be found in Users/your name/AppData/Roaming/Central, and I can get it forwarded to the Orbx Central team to see if they can spot what is causing the installation problem.

Convert.cmd

Thank you. I will double check the list when I'm home. And report back.

Thanks

On 1/2/2020 at 6:50 PM, Jon Clarke said:

@Nick Cooper Nick would you please move this to the Orbx Central forum for the guys there to take a look at the central log which I have reloaded onto this post. Tagging the Central guys via this XP forum has not resulted in any response yet. Thanks.

central.log 2.73 MB · 0 downloads

On 1/4/2020 at 8:55 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Chris

Please ensure you have the system requirements installed as per the below topic.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

is that the only disk in your computer?

Hello. It's not no I have 3 hdd in total. BUT I decided yesterday that I was fed up and uninstalled everything to do with xplane including xplane its self. I have reinstalled everything over the past 24 hours and its strangely works perfectly. Something somewhere must of been corrupt. 

Thank you everyone for your help and support. Very happy with the end result

Archived