cant install my scenery

Danster

Hello,

can you make sure that all these are in place please?

System Requirements

Windows

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

Hi Nick,

Happy New Year.

Just cant go on like this,  it isnow about three weeks trying .Can you advise me is it possible to uninstall everything

and start  again putting in all my scenery ,also would that make a new Library so I don't have this problem.

Danster

Hi Nick

Have uninstalled central as asked and reinstalled but still

comes up with ERROR Box communication problem, there MUST be something wrong with this

new set-up.

I know an expert in programs who had the same trouble and there must be others

However I have downloaded FTX Central3 and can now at least put on my scenery

although I see Australia V2 is not there .but this is not right and Orbx should look into this problem

Regards Danster

Hi @Danster,

Are you using Windows 8.0 by any chance? Your log file says Windows_NT 6.2.9200 (aka Windows 8.0).

Windows 8.0 has not been supported by Microsoft since January 12, 2016.

Unfortunately, we only support Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10. I would strongly recommend you upgrade to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

Hi @Danster,

Just now, Danster said:

Yes Im running Windows10

Can you please right click on your shortcut to Central, go to the "compatibility" tab, then ensure the "run this program in compatibility mode for" checkbox is not checked, like so:

image.png

If that still doesn't resolve the problem, right click on your shortcut to Orbx Central, click on "open file location". Then, you'll see Orbx Central.exe. Right click on that and select properties, then re-try the steps from above (making sure it is not running in compatibility mode):

image.png

Just now, Danster said:

Hope you are not affected by these terrible fires you have in Oz

Thankfully none of the large bush fires are threatening Melbourne itself

1 minute ago, Danster said:

Do you know of any way to delete a Library as I have a conflict with (2) being on my computer

What conflict are you receiving? You should be able to go to the Settings -> Libraries page and remove one of them (but it might not work while you're still getting communication errors).

Hi Ben

Have been on this for three weeks now somehow I have 2 Libraries and I cant delete one

Comes up with communication error which is the problem but how do you solve this?

I have a friend who is very good at this sort of  thing but even he cannot manage to sort this one out

We are now down to thinking of clearing everthing off the computer and doing a clean start on all programs

Cheers  |Danster

Hello,

your Orbx Central settings seem to be stored in 

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central\central.json

Try renaming this file and when you start Orbx Central again, it will lead you through

the set up process again and you can reset your Orbx Central Libraries to where

they should be.

I have just ordered Alderney as a trial but am unable to install through V3.3.9.2 as I am unable to use

the new Library due to Communication Problem but it wont let me.

That means I cannot order anymore Scenery from Orbx and something

should be done about this ie Ease to uninstall Libraries what a pity

Danster

Hi @Danster,

As Nick has mentioned, you haven't let us know whether you've tried my advice above: 

Your log file indicates that you're on Windows 8.0, but that isn't supported and will not allow Central to work. Because you mentioned that you're actually using Windows 10, this leads me to believe that you have compatibility mode turned on. Central will not function in compatibility mode.

Once you have disabled compatibility mode, please let us know if you still experience any issues. Uploading a new central.log file will help us diagnose the issue if you still experience it after following the advice above.

HI nick,

I'm pleased to say I have now been able to get rid of my duplicate Library

"Which in turn has allowed me to install my scenery "Thank you for all the help you have given me over the last few weeks

Got there in the end much appreciated.

Best for the New Year     Danster

Archived