Where are the Trees

Bought, downloaded and installed TEGB. Now there are just about no TREES! I have uninstalled England, Wales and Scotland and when they were installed the trees were all there. If only life was simple.:banghead:

Most peculiar, have just read the post from one of the developers mentioning the problems folks are having with TEGB and the possible fixes one can try.  I am not surprised !!!:google:

I am getting very frustrated with this. MK studios Feurteventura autogen also removed the trees, changed that and is sort of OK again. Did the beta testers test TEGB on  systems where there were no third party addons ???. Picture below taking off EGBB RWY33 heading towards Brum (nice roof):lol:.  ORBX needs to do a whole lot of fixing in my opinion on TEGB.2019-12-25_7-29-2-394.thumb.jpg.b852ad230c0fdb8a9361fb19996705f7.jpg

1 hour ago, appie said:

Did the beta testers test TEGB on  systems where there were no third party addons ???

Yes, why?

It's a big step to blame Orbx for a misunderstanding of autogen definitions by other developers,

or is that not what you are implying?

Happy Christmas.

Thank you for your reply Nick. No 3rd party addons........no wonder TEGB does not work correctly. Its full of holes !!!!!!! I have spent a small fortune over the years on 3rd party or other developers addon software.  I will use it and it is ORBX responsibility (if they want us to PAY and use their software) to make sure that their software is compatible or works correctly with 3rd party addons. I think ORBX Simulation Systems software is excellent and has bought Flight Simulation to another level, but come on.... you all need to talk to one another so that this does what it says on the box !!! If only I could get my screenshots to look as good as your advertising shots. My home built PC is extremely capable and runs anything I choose to throw at it very very well, but this is not what I expect. I am seriously thinking of reinstalling my England, Wales and Scotland software as that worked and looked  a whole lot better than TEGB. You all have a nice day.

Hello,

you seem surprised when the TEGB developer publishes a topic to address the main compatibilty problems.

Also that the Godzone product causes the autogen to stop working despite the fact that this has been a known

problem, much discussed in these and other forums and indeed addressed by its developer and rectified in the form

of an update to that product.

In the case of Godzone and the Aerosoft products, they contained elements that remove autogen all over the world

before also being fixed and updated.

Basically, though an unintentional error, now discovered and rectified, those three products were incompatible with

the simulator.

You will see or could have seen that Orbx maintain a Compatibility forum and that in the case of many new releases,

there are entire topics devoted to compatibility with popular other developer's products.

These are produced in the main by developers and intended to help customers like you.

Orbx maintain a Compatibility forum ........Please..... TEGB has just been released and Orbx uses no 3rd party addons !!! How in heavens name can you or any of us know what is going to work an how its going to work until we try it. We are your BETA testers. I uninstalled TEGB, then manually downloaded the files and then installed TEGB via manual download in Orbx central 4 and it now seems to work a whole lot better (and it was quicker). It also looks better but the jury is still out with myself. Lets wait and see what updates ORBX come up with. And Nick (your last sentence), remember its customers like me that pay your and their wages. Have a nice day.:blink:

Hello,

when I was a police officer, I was told by "customers" that they paid my wages too.

It was an insult then and it is an insult now and entirely unnecessary.

Because you do not agree with advice does not entitle you to write whatever you wish off the cuff.

An alternative could have been

"I disagree and feel that Orbx should test all their products against every other product available

before the Orbx products are released and provide ready made solutions to any anomalies".

1 hour ago, appie said:

Orbx maintain a Compatibility forum ........Please..... TEGB has just been released and Orbx uses no 3rd party addons !!! How in heavens name can you or any of us know what is going to work an how its going to work until we try it. We are your BETA testers. I uninstalled TEGB, then manually downloaded the files and then installed TEGB via manual download in Orbx central 4 and it now seems to work a whole lot better (and it was quicker). It also looks better but the jury is still out with myself. Lets wait and see what updates ORBX come up with. And Nick (your last sentence), remember its customers like me that pay your and their wages. Have a nice day.:blink:

I have every ORBX product installed and they basically work as intended, in other words they work well together and inside and with the original program as released by Microsoft, Lockheed Martin, Laminar Rersearch etc.  That is where ORBX's responsibility starts and ends.  ORBX does not have a responsibility to integrate its products with any other developer.   Its software works as advertised. 

The compatibility forum is a resource that endeavours to make life easier for people who have products that for some reason or other do not integrate well with the ORBX products, and from what I have seen generally finds fixes and workarounds that make it possible for otherwise incompatible products to be installed together.  However, computer coding and development quirks mean that it is not always possible to achieve 100% compatibility.

The suggestion that ORBX Beta Testers such as myself need to have every possible addon released throughout the flightsim world to check for compatibility is totally impractical.  ORBX products work as intended, as advertised and tested, and that is all that is required of the products.

51 minutes ago, John Dow said:

ORBX does not have a responsibility to integrate its products with any other developer.

Very true, but it of course may cultivate a greater sense of customer service and loyalty if it at least attempts to make sure that complementary add-ons that users are almost certain to attempt to use together, like TEGB and UK2000 airports, (possibly not those where Orbx has competing products of course), work without significant glaring problems where that is possible to achieve?  

The reverse is true as well from a user's perspective, that if another Devs products need tweaks to work better with Orbx, that are not too hard to deliver, then that would gain them kudos as well.

Archived