TrueEarth England Black buildings

Interesting, I have this problem also:

uc?id=1rPcFeNkbf-pHs2ryhh7fGUrwC5xWQ9c0

Unfortunately uninstalling the library and re-installing the Library didn't resolve the issue.  Also ran a Verify Files and that still didn't resolve it.

Any other suggestions?

FYI, this issue was NOT present in GB South V1, only after updating to GB South V2 (and adding new Central and North).

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, I am not sure where they will have been put but they should appear in the My products list as

"True Earth Great Britain Libraries", I think and also there should be four TEGB add-on menu entries,

one pointing to the libraries.

I am at a slight disadvantage at the moment because I think the TEGB Libraries installation

configuration has been changed between the last RC and release and no one has said what the

new configuration is.

I see this, 3 being the libraries.

2.jpg

I was able to resolve the black/missing textures on buildings issue:

1. Uninstalled Orbx EGLC

2. Uninstalled Orbx GB South

3.  Installed Orbx GB South

4.  Installed Orbx EGLC

Orbx FTX Global ONLY (no missing textures on buildings):

uc?id=19Yq5WMdj9luROK3gqQ5FkwQ6Uh2uQYJW

Orbx FTX Global and GB South (no missing textures on buildings):

uc?id=1_Uly7dWIcteLH7b8kJzGqsH9RmOOHDyO

Orbx FTX Global and GB South and Orbx EGLC (no missing textures on buildings but taxi way issue):

uc?id=11JT48TJnLF4nH8k9-xkGou_M5u2BDSEz

The Orbx EGLC taxi-way issue seems to be related to culling or something else (appears and disappears based on view angle), a video (unlisted) is required to show what I mean:

As for why I had missing textures after GB South installed, I don't know ... perhaps the "update" to V2 didn't resolve correctly and it was a full Installed of GB South V2 that was required, don't really know but glad I was able to resolve part of this two part problem.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I'm not sure what "Verify Files" is doing, but as a diagnostics/repair tool it rarely seems to work or make any difference.

Here I use a Wideview setup with 2 pc’s.

On both the exact same scenery ( copied from main view pc to client pc )

On the main pc no black ag buildings issue. but on the client It exists...

Same FTX main Libraries and same GB Libraries..,,

F492EA74-2C07-40ED-B631-E1DDC9E6EB5B.jpeg

1 hour ago, KaiUweWeiss said:

Your pic looks like a system overload. Such a blurry ground doesn't seem to be normal...

Kai

That is made very quickly with a cellphone on a moving scene. So everything is less sharp if you look a little better ...

Next time I will pause the sim for a real screenshot B)

Back on topic : black buildings and how to solve this

On 12/22/2019 at 2:37 PM, Nick Cooper said:

verify files is just what the name implies, it looks at all the files and verifies that they are all in order.

If the files are all in order, then it does not achieve much, except ruling out missing files.

Can you expand on that "all in order"?  Also, wouldn't the problem with static black autogen buildings indicate missing texture files and hence be corrected/reported by "Verify Files"?

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Can you expand on that "all in order"?  Also, wouldn't the problem with static black autogen buildings indicate missing texture files and hence be corrected/reported by "Verify Files"?

Cheers, Rob.

From my findings in another thread, could it be that the black autogen buildings are caused by textures that P3D thinks are missing, due to autogen definitions conflicting in an unintended way by a specific set of add-ons? Or do black buildings occur in a default install plus TEGB?

On 12/22/2019 at 10:22 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

I was able to resolve the black/missing textures on buildings issue:

1. Uninstalled Orbx EGLC

2. Uninstalled Orbx GB South

3.  Installed Orbx GB South

4.  Installed Orbx EGLC

Ie these actions changed the order of loading of autogen textures due to the add-ons positions in cfg files?

17 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I used the library method so it really shouldn’t matter.

Keep in mind this is all Orbx, no other add-on.

I own Vector but do not have it installed.

Tried both EGLC options for base product, no difference.

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob,

Not sure it's the same issue but here is a similar finding on missing building texture I had and solved as described here:

Archived