EGNM elevation issue

WebMaximus

Yesterday night, I flew into Leeds Bradford for the first time since I bought it. Really nice looking scenery!

Noticed one thing though. I seem to have the same kind of elevation issue I reported having at Cardiff over here. However, when checking the product page for EGNM, I can't see anything about TE being required for the airport to be displayed correctly?

This is what it looks like parked at stand 8

image.thumb.png.20ab103e966b0537d7a5bbcc38e30e06.png

Hi

Here is a screenshot of gate 8 on my system.

BMLDA87.jpg

(I would point you to the plugin SAM  and the need to firstly place it in the plugins folder and then open it, copy the SAM Library folder and place this in the Custom Scenery folder.

Only by doing this will SAM work correctly.

Kind regards

Ian S

I think you misunderstood the issue.

If you have another look at the screenshot in my post above, you can see it's from the opposite direction compared to your screenshot. Showing my aircraft parked at gate 8 by magically being able to look under the terminal building.

What does it look like in your case from the same position where I was when taking the screenshot?

As for SAM, I already have the latest version (2.0.1) installed and what you say goes against what is said in the SAM documentation as I recall it. New in the latest version is you should no longer have anything related to SAM in the Custom Scenery folder.

Will double-check that when I get home. 

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

I think you misunderstood the issue.

If you have another look at the screenshot in my post above, you can see it's from the opposite direction compared to your screenshot. Showing my aircraft parked at gate 8 by magically being able to look under the terminal building.

What does it look like in your case from the same position where I was when taking the screenshot?

As for SAM, I already have the latest version (2.0.1) installed and what you say goes against what is said in the SAM documentation as I recall it. New in the latest version is you should no longer have anything related to SAM in the Custom Scenery folder.

Will double-check that when I get home. 

Hi

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and deleted Sam Libraries from my Customs Scenery Folder. This resulted in me messing up my Airport installation.

Here is the developer instructions that I suggest you should follow.

About This File

SAM is a native XP11 plugin offering different possibilities to scenery authors focused on animations.

Library

A library with pre-animated objects like Jetways, VDGS, Marshaller, Hangars, Wind Turbines etc. is the starting point for developers to experiment with. You can either use these objects or create and animate your own.

License 

The plugin  is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 which means it is free to use for all users and for all freeware sceneries. If you are a payware developer you can get a license for your project in our shop.

Compatible OS

Windows : 2.0.0+ compatible & supported
Linux : 2.0.0+ compatible & supported
Mac : 1.1.0 compatible | 2.0.1 in the works

Installation

Please read the install instructions in the manual carefully !

Developer Information

Because of the new file structure the following additional step is required to show the library objects.

Option 1: Copy the SAM_Library folder from resources/plugins/SAM/lib into your custom scenery directory. Remember to do this after each update
Option 2: Use a LinkShell Junction to drop a static link to the SAM/lib folder into your custom directory (tutorial)

I also attach a screenshot  of the other side of gate 8.

GmPYue9.jpg

Kind regards

Ian  S

Hi Ian,

What version of SAM are you on?

This is what the documentation says for 2.0.1 which is the most current version of SAM

image.thumb.png.086cb0c509174c8faffe9dd629c59db6.png

So maybe this means Orbx EGNM isn't fully compatible with the latest version of SAM.

However, I highly doubt this has anything to do with SAM. Rather, I think it's an elevation issue just as the topic suggests and probably caused by the same thing as seen in Cardiff...that it's based on having TE installed. For Cardiff, the product page does warn you about this as seen below. I overlooked that information when I bought the airport so my own fault.

image.thumb.png.7b790b83119b7eca7c4acecece6a520a.png

For EGNM on the other hand, there is no such information on the product page as seen here

image.thumb.png.f6ee83c170cde285f21d9efdd2d8f98d.png

Finally, I'm not sure if you maybe missed it but you have the same issue I have with the "floating" building allowing you too see underneath it as seen in this part of your own screenshot. Check the area marked in red where you can even see what looks like the tyres of a vehicle on the other side of the building marked by the arrows. You can also see part of the wall as well as part of the fence.

image.png.2124b60d8a36c10aaa77a0c197479849.png

Would be interesting to know if you have TrueEarth installed for this area? I'm guessing not looking at your screenshot.

And edited to add, if you would go closer to the building and the very same angle as seen in my screenshot, I'm sure you would get the same result as seen in the screenshot in my initial post.

The floating building is evident with TEGB installed as well. We can report it as a BUG. As it is a minor issue and due to the complexity of mesh in this particular airport with varying elevations and XP restrictions, I cannot say if it can be fixed. We will notify the devs.

Pic with TEB Central installed:

InkedCapture_LI.thumb.jpg.ae6cf9f0da8638c8382c20b5f83d64ac.jpg

@Nick Cooper Please move to BUG reports. Thanks.

8 hours ago, lekkervliegen said:

I m interested in a possible solution because I have also an elevation issue with this airport which i bought today. "Floating buildings" as described. I do not have TEGB; I assumed the airport to work correctly without it.......

I am going to address the problem to the devs but am interested in your particular problem as you mention floating buildings, plural. Are all you airport buildings "floating" or just the one in the pics above?

Hello Jon,

Please see the attached pictures; the "floating effect" is changing depending on the position on the airport.

From parking spot 5 to 12 the "floating" effect is very much increasing, the big building on the other side of the road is floating too. All other buildings looks fine.

The scenery is on top of the custom scenery.ini file, XP version 11.41, and updated libraries.

vito - 2019-12-19 17.15.18.png

vito - 2019-12-19 16.47.57.png

vito - 2019-12-19 16.53.59.png

Then that is probably why the elevation issues are present. I have reported the issue with the Devs and I believe that not listing TEGB Central as a requirement was an error in the Product Description. I will again seek clarification because if TEGB Central was not a preferred requirement then the elevation issues are a major problem.

@Ed Correia Hi Ed. I raised the question regarding the elevation issues and the lack of any statement that TEGB Central was required, to avoid anomalies, especially mesh issues, within the product description at Orbx Direct. This omission was unlike other Orbx airports specifically developed to enhance a TE series addon.

I would respectfully request a response from the devs or yourself, on this.

Thanks

So, is TEGB required for all the GB scenery?

Not every product page is even clear on this issue.

Had the plan to buy East-Midlands, Leeds, London City, Cardiff and Southampton in the end of year sale. For Cardiff and Southhampton it is clear for me that TEGB is "mandatory".

But for Londen City and East Midlands it is less clear for me.

The end of year sale is a very good promotion...….but of course only for working scenery.

Tnx so far.

22 minutes ago, lekkervliegen said:

So, is TEGB required for all the GB scenery?

Not every product page is even clear on this issue.

Had the plan to buy East-Midlands, Leeds, London City, Cardiff and Southampton in the end of year sale. For Cardiff and Southhampton it is clear for me that TEGB is "mandatory".

But for Londen City and East Midlands it is less clear for me.

The end of year sale is a very good promotion...….but of course only for working scenery.

Tnx so far.

I agree that the wording in some of the product descriptions are not consistent. They can vary from "fully integrated with with TEGB South" in EGNX to other descriptions which indicate aTEGB or TE USA requirement or preference.

I will ask @Ed Correia if he would have the product descriptions on Orbx airports checked for any omissions regarding the requirement (preferable) of a TE installation. I have looked and there are different wordings used which could be left to open interpretation.

I would in the interim, suggest that any airport that is already released or due for release that falls within an Orbx TE region can be deemed as requiring that particular TE region to be installed to ensure full compatibility. 

Archived