Regions only showing some ORBX features

jmh2406

Ok this is a strange one. I've come back to my ORBX scenery after a while away and upon reinstalling (via the new ORBX Central), not all the features are there anymore.

For example, at Bowerman airport as part of PNW scenery (order # FSS0487794) the rich grass, the dirt taxiways and the sounds of the birds have disappeared but some of the planes and the cars and the odd person from ORBX are there (see screenshot). Somehow it is selectively bringing in some features but not others.

I have reinstalled FSX: SE and Orbx Central but no luck. Might it be to do with Insertion Point? Or SODE ? Incidentally, how do you stop it from asking whether it wants to run SODE or not every time it starts...

Thanks for any help provided.

Julian

image.thumb.png.e29e71c1c8a68bfdd79d908c9e7fb588.png

Hi Julian

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date, and I would do a verify files of them from within Orbx Central.

I would then go to settings/help and run the Sync Simulator function.

I am guessing that you could deactivate SODE from the location shown in my below image. 

SODE.PNG

Hello,

one cannot use an Orbx Central Library with FSX, it is not compatible with that installation method.

The way to stop FSX asking you to authorise software is usually to click YES.

If this is not working, you may need to either change the file permissions of fsx.cfg or run FSX as

an administrator.

Hello,

an Orbx Central Scenery Library is what P3D v4 and X Plane 11 use to store their Orbx scenery in.

The Orbx Libraries are a completely different thing and must be installed using Orbx Central and clicking

on the Orbx Libraries tab in the Other section of your product list.

I will check tonight, but surely it would be obvious if I was using the beta version - also why would Steam be hosting a beta version of a sim that came out in 2006?

This is the Steam link to FSX: SE, which doesn't mention a beta version:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X_Steam_Edition/

But there is also this about a beta - is this what you meant?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.1a350bfd192c14985da2d5f0499fa357.png

Ok I've got to the root of this. KHQM is richly detailed when you download the Freeware demo from the Orbx website: https://orbxdirect.com/product/khqm

Having the PNW scenery only gives it a light upgrade from standard FSX, hence I thought Orbx was only 'partly' capturing the scenery.

For whatever reason, the KHQM freeware airport never appeared in My Products in Orbx Central despite having downloaded it in the past.

So I have just re-downloaded it and now KHQM has all the lost detail restored - tweeting birds (incidentally, you shouldn't be able to hear them on approach!), long grass etc.

It may be worth checking whether the Freeware 'sticks' to a user account in the way that paid-for scenery does. Or it may be a one-off glitch from the transition from FTX to Orbx Central.

I'll also freely admit that I should have checked this sooner!

Thank you all 

Archived