Moscow Red Square scenery issues

P3d 4.5 installed Global base, vector and all landclass packages from Orbx plus specific sceneries for UK,Norway and USA (so shouldn't affect Russia?)

Never taken a flight ovr Moscow before and was dismayed to see Red square buildings sitting atop the main river and another part of red square hovering above the ground...i'm presuming Vector has done this especially in regards to placement of river..is this a known issue or unique to me

Hello,

here is the problem.

In default FSX/P3D, the representation of Red Square is, to say the least, somewhat misplaced.

Here is the aircraft in default P3D

2019-12-8_21-56-19-18.jpg

Here is where it is in Google Earth2.jpg

Here it is using Vector

2019-12-8_22-4-2-401.jpg

and here is Google Earth

3.jpg

From your post, I guess that you are not seeing the same as I do in the Vector shot and of course,

I cannot see any of the 223 scenery library entries above the ones that you have shown.

Indeed it does not.

I suspect that you either have something else that is adding back its own version of Moscow,

or that for some reason, your version of P3D is not excluding the default and very much misplaced second version.

If you remove the items I have highlighted, yours looks much the same as mine.

2019-12-8_22-25-14-406.jpg.fe8d9c5445c1db6b398d7ea531121ff2.jpg

So yes I have two red squares. This is a re install of p3d 4.5- I followed the recommended instructions to uninstall P3D and delete remaining folders plus also uninstalled all orbx software and FTX Central and the reinstalled everything from scratch this time using Orbx central to install all scenery as a separate library outside the sim (apart from Global base and libraries)….

Anybody have any ideas how I can get rid of this duplicated scenery? I have checked Paris , another Euro city and that looked ok. Ive verified files on Base, Euro LC and vector and the only thing that re downloaded was Euro LC. I only use Orbx scenery so no other thing messing with my install

Hello,

as Nick said it is possibly the default Moscow bleeding through, you could try moving that out of the folder and start the Sim to check.

Looking at you pics of your scenery library, it is not setup correctly, Base files should be well below your Orbx scenery, not near the top.

Moscow.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect my old thread...

Whilst I appreciate Nick in particular who is always on hand with help....I'm getting quite annoyed with being told my scenery library is not set up correctly.

This was a fresh install of P3D V4 , Orbx only scenery (no other 3rd party) all installed through Orbx Central...

It seems that these products aren't fit for purpose or at least the installer/orbx central isn't ...some of us don't have time to tweak into the minute of our flight sims...we just wanna fly. I'm sorry but I haven't been able to bring myself to buy anymore Orbx products since I found out how screwed everything might be

I am not so sure that it is.

The Vector order is correct and your problem has nothing to do with where Africa is.

the default Red Square is in "Eastern Europe" in the scenery library.

What happens if you comply with my request in post 14?

What is immediately above your Orbx Libraries scenery library entry?

• 4 weeks later...

I am not so sure that it is.

The Vector order is correct and your problem has nothing to do with where Africa is.

the default Red Square is in "Eastern Europe" in the scenery library.

What happens if you comply with my request in post 14?

What is immediately above your Orbx Libraries scenery library entry?

Have renamed - nothing to see of Moskow - only default buildings.

What I noticed is that when disabling ORBX global OpenLC Erope duplicates are excluded, but they are in the wrong place.

With ORBX und Without

With ORBX Global Europe.PNG

Without ORBX.PNG

Hello,

as before, I cannot replicate this at all.

With open LC Europe and Vector enabled, I see this:

2020-2-26_11-8-19-186.jpg

If I disable Scenery\EURE\Scenery\Moscow.bgl, which contains the default model, I see this:

2020-2-26_14-35-51-424.jpg

Logic would suggest that anyone seeing two versions of the Red Square must, somewhere, have a second model that should not be there.

I think I have found the solution!
OBX58120.bgl from the folder C:\Users\"User"\Orbx Library\p3dv4\Global openLC Europe\Scenery\0701\scenery
copy and save in the
C:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0701\scenery      replace the existing one (save default file before doing so).
It worked for me.

I think that this has exposed a problem that was not evident.

If your experience is not unique, then the OBX58120.bgl file in the Orbx Library is not working as it should.

It should be making P3D v4 use it instead of the default OBX58120.bgl file but for you, apparently it is not.

As I have not been able to replicate this but we have identified another anomaly with the

same cause, I am referring this back to the Orbx Central developers.

I do not forsee a problem with Orbx Central itself but a possible problem with the way that P3D v4 is working,

subject of course to the apparent contradiction that I cannot replicate the same problem.

• 10 months later...
On 2/2/2020 at 9:23 PM, Nick Cooper said:

in post 14

Hi Nick, I firstly wish you a healthy New Year.

I had the same problem in Moscow with two stadiums. Now after your advices the duplicates have disappeared.

But some Moscow buildings are located in the middle of river Wolga.

Are there new Moscow updates available?

And you mentioned "post 14". I have no numbers in this thread. Where is "post 14" ?

Btw: I have also a very fresh P3D installation and Orbx scenery.

regards

Stadium in Wolga.jpg

Moskau1.jpg

hello,

each time there is a forum update, some things revert back to where they were and unfortunately,

the post numbers have been the victim of the latest update.

I think it must be this one:

It looks like you still have two stadiums, one in the right place and one in the river, which has been corrected.

• 3 months later...

Archived