Central in 43" 4K monitor

John Heaton

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

FYI 

Just a small problem - when I use the new Central in my Monitor setup as the title - Central over fills the screen

and I cant find a method to reduce it to a size where the full width is visible

E.G. - when trying to view the description of a product on the right of the screen - only half is visible

and today - when trying to purchase some products - the view of the cart was only half on - and likewise -

the credit card details etc

I solved the problem - by going to the initial splash screen and products page - where the cart etc was visible - and transaction completed

Operating system:  W 10 64bit - 43" 4K monitor via N vidia 1050TI

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Believe it or not - this is what is left after I moved to the splash screen - and now I cant get rid of it 

to show you the usual problem

which has always been around - even with central MK1 - The central screen is too big for my monitor '

which is a standard 43" Highsense 4K HDR10 TV - but driven by NVidia 1050TI @  3840x2160 resolution

Annotation 2019-11-29 140405.jpg

Yep - I tried that and it worked for now - but I cant try it on Central because I cant get rid of the above page

even after pressing X on the smaller page. definitely a little bug somewhere when using 4K

Unfortunately - until I can get rid of this page - and get Central back - I cannot download all

my new purchases 

@mitchell

Finally got rid of  that screen by restarting the computer - and was able to get this screen shot 

with the Central loose on the screen - ie NOt maximised - which also doesn't work - so the large screen I get is 

is the smaller version and this is what the screenshot shows

However I will proceed with this screen to download my purchases since I can still just see the install button

Annotation 2019-11-29 160046.jpg

28 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi John

Could it be a big screen scaling issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yza-fRX6Dc

Thanks Doug

No - its not that - and I have just tried the  utube  NVIDIA control panel bit - as well as checking the TV screen Check for the same thing

I have had problems ever since I moved from my 29" HD monitor - in that almost all my previous softwares - and now XP - need to be upscaled

in the picture - but leaves all the lettering @ 25% size..

I see this central thing as a different problem - Central is not happy at 4K or 43" - and somehow overscales - or assumes it needs to overscale the actual 

Is Central outputted in in 1080 ?? 

EG this SS is what I get with XP splash screen - and is common to other older softwares - 

Note the comment in the white box - and it has recognised that it will be 1080 up scaled when I tick 200% and call for 3840 4K resolution

You might also be able to make out the cockpit view in the darker back ground - those letter ie performance figures remain that tiny on a the 43" screen

PS Touch wood - happy with yoke settings at the moment

Archived