Scenery config error.. 'entry already exists'

flying_fish

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  As below

Simulator:  As below

Screenshot:  image.thumb.png.5fb1babb3ec617d5cbadb618cedd0559.pngimage.png.81d3d2d19a9ed64a2f79d10eff7cd913.png

Issue:  Out of the blue, I get this...  Orbx sceneries from area 356 to 556 are affected, no other add-ons have errors listed in config editor. Get the P3D error on trying to open scenery list, and this message exists for all Orbx sceneries. I havn't installed anything or changed anything since it was running well a few days ago.

Orbx central appears to be running OK, but something has foxed P3D into thinking I have duplicate entries.  PsD runs with all Orbx sceneries disabled. Any ideas?

central.log

Further investigation shows that all the scenery I have in my junction linked folder ORBX folder have been duplicated in the scenery.cfg file. 

For example, the first entry looks like this:

[Area.354]
Title=FTX_AA_1WA6

Local=C:\P3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_1WA6
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=375

and the second like this:

[Area.561]
Title=FTX_AA_1WA6
Local=ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_1WA6
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=584

This has happened for all the sceneries in the linked ORBX folder on my D drive. No idea how this has happened, and I have checked that the junction link is still active. I could delete the duplicate areas, if I knew which one was right, although it would take hours. Has anyone got an explanation?

Any time I see this I just go through and delete the duplicate entries, and then check that the insertion points etc in the Orbx Central are correctly configured, and start the sim.  The problem goes away, unless there's an underlying reason for it, which could be any number of things.

Thanks for the reply John, the underlying problem is that whenever I run Central it reduplicates the entries, (which as you say is simply sorted), but also more problematic it scatters my add-on airports within the list. Because I use junction links they are grayed out in the scenery list in P3D so this has to be done in scenery config editor, which is a pain.

As far as I am aware I have Central insertion points configured correctly.

Is there any thing else I can do before I revert to FTX central? 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm reactivating this post because I am still getting this problem. Every time I install a product or even open Central it duplicates almost all my scenery entries in the scenery.cfg . It's a real pain to have to delete them, and surely there is a fix to this?

I would be grateful for a steer from someone on what is going on!

Hello,

without seeing the installation, it is quite hard to discern what is going on.

FTXC Central, Orbx Central and SCE all use different methods to add scenery library entries,

so one possibility is that both databases are still in place and Orbx Central is reading

from them both.

In this example however, 

For example, the first entry looks like this:

[Area.354]
Title=FTX_AA_1WA6

Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=375

and the second like this:

[Area.561]
Title=FTX_AA_1WA6
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=584

Orbx Central (or FTX Central) will only add this one:

[Area.561]
Title=FTX_AA_1WA6
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=584

because the ORBX folder is already inside the P3D folder and does not require the "C:\P3Dv4"

This entry is more like what I would expect to see if a scenery library entry was created by SCE.

[Area.354]
Title=FTX_AA_1WA6

Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE
Layer=375

and this one is the duplicate.

I think you may inadvertently be the author of this problem.

Try:

1. make a backup of your scenery.cfg file.

2. delete your scenery.cfg file.

3. start P3D, let it create a new one and close it.

4. Run Orbx Central and Sync Simulator.

Orbx Central should have written in just one copy of each Orbx scenery library entry.

If you wish to check with SCE by all means do, but make no changes and do not save the file when you exit.

Please come back and report the result.

Thanks.

Hi Nick, Thanks for your reply. I have no doubt I am the author of the problem!

On restarting P3D I got:

could not find scenery area 131's local scenery directory: Scenery\Cities|Sharurah\SCENERY
Would you like to unload this area?

Replied Yes

SCE shows one error on this directory - Path does not exist 

(path is scenery\cities\Sharurah) no idea what this refers to.
Is this then some conflict between SCE and Central? I do find using SCE helpful in deactivating scenery; I don't use it for anything else.

Just thought, I have been deleting the entries showing the path as Local=ORBX (in other words those at the bottom of the list. Maybe I should have been deleting those with the path Local=C:\P3Dv4\ instead. I have a junction linked folder on my D drive at D\P3D\Orbx which holds my Orbx sceneries.

Hi Bastlwastl - I didn't get duplicated entries in the scenery library in the Sim menu, just in the config file, so I don't think it's the same.

I think Nick's suggestion that SCE Central and the Sim all write to the config file differently if the likely cause, and that I must be doing something wrong when I'm creating groups in SCE - the path to the scenery is expressed differently, so duplicate entries appear in the .cfg

Whether junction links compound the problem I'm not sure, perhaps Nick will know. Thanks for the help though.

10 hours ago, flying_fish said:

Hi Nick, Thanks for your reply. I have no doubt I am the author of the problem!

On restarting P3D I got:

could not find scenery area 131's local scenery directory: Scenery\Cities|Sharurah\SCENERY
Would you like to unload this area?

Replied Yes

SCE shows one error on this directory - Path does not exist 

(path is scenery\cities\Sharurah) no idea what this refers to.
Is this then some conflict between SCE and Central? I do find using SCE helpful in deactivating scenery; I don't use it for anything else.

thanks, you can ignore the Sharurah error, it's something to do with P3D.

Can I take it that after you carried out my request, there were no more duplicate entries?

Yes, if you are to delete a duplicate, it should be the one created by SCE, the one with 

C:\P3Dv4\ in it.

Thanks, yes, no more duplicates, and I know understand which ones to delete. I am also reading over on AVSIM some of the complexities of the way SCE and P3Dv4.5 and Central appear to handle the layering and activity of entries in the .cfg; also whether SCE is in fact compatible with Central, at least in so far as they all handle the new add-on method of scenery.

A thread between Pete Dowson and Oliver Binder leaves me thinking this is well beyond me!

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/512207-please-can-someone-explain-how-scenery-add-on-priorities-layers-work/

It's not really Orbx's problem, but I'm still left wondering how to use a config editor to disable entries to speed up loading!

Thanks Nick, have a great Christmas!

Archived