LFKX Meribel files missing from LFLJ Install

antonvs

I have just purchased the Meribel upgrade to Orbx Courchevel but I only see the default airport.

Orbx Central says it has been updated to ver 1.1.0 and the following two folders are the only ones that appear in my “Custom Scenery”-

folder1 Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport

folder2 Orbx_B_LFLJ_Courchevel_Mesh

The version_lflj-xp11.txt file contains 

Orbx LFLJ Courchevel Airport - X-Plane 11 1.1.0 - November 2019

however even thought I ran verify files and there was no error I see no evidence of Meribel files, nor does it show.

There are two factors that may help.

1. I just upgraded XP11 from 11.36 to 11.40r2

2. After 1st upgrading LFLJ, I realised that I still had a Freeware version installed, which I then deleted. It was in a folder named “LFKX Meribel” so that should not have been a problem.

Next I would try removing LJLJ Courchevel and re-download but I thought I would ask here first.

cheers Anton.

In Orbx Central, in the Courchevel Airport page, there's a supplementary window under Exansions that contains the link to LFKX.  Mine says Installed underneath the mini window.  If you click on that mini window you get the LFKX page including the usual Install function if you haven't yet installed it.

I'm guessing this is the step you have missed?

MeribelPage.thumb.jpg.d78654ee0bb3d5debd7f53aefe98ce00.jpg

Hello John and thanks for your reply. Its not as simple as that. I omitted to say that I had followed the Central LFLJ upgrade process and Central now says that LFKX is now installed as the version_lflj-xp11.txt file would indicate as via its contains 

“Orbx LFLJ Courchevel Airport - X-Plane 11 1.1.0 - November 2019”.

The issue is that whilst central says Meribel is installed, it does not appear. Nor can I find any evidence of files installed including in my Scenery_packs.ini file.

I will attach the .ini file tomorrow 

Problem solved. Even though I had ran the Meribel update option and it said it had finished. I solved my problem by uninstalling LFLJ and starting again, followed by the LFKX upgrade and this time both installed ok. Meribel was definitely missing the first time around. So all good.

To help others here are the folders in Custom Scenery that I now have, including the version files:

folder 1 Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport

folder2 Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport

folder3 Orbx_B_LFLJ_Courchevel_Mesh

version files in folder 2

version_lfkx-xp11

Orbx LFKX Meribel Airport - X-Plane 11 1.0.0 - November 2019

version_lflj-xp11.txt

Orbx LFLJ Courchevel Airport - X-Plane 11 1.1.0 - November 2019

Please mark this as resolved.

Cheers Anton.

• 3 months later...

I've installed and verified the Meribel and Courchevel scenery packs.  These two airports appear at the top of the scenery_pack.ini file.  But once in X-Plane 11, I get multiple error messages that the scenery of both airports may not look correct.  While Courchevel looks OK, and the area scenery seems fine (big mega chalets everywhere), there is no detail whatsoever for Meribel, just a grass strip and zero buildings.  The log.txt data dealing with these two airports is given below.

Why aren't I seeing this scenery correctly?

0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'veglib/Bush_Sagebrush_6.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/Earth nav data/+40+000/+45+006.dsf:
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: veglib/Bush_Sagebrush_6.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:806)
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_wheeliebin.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/Earth nav data/+40+000/+45+006.dsf:
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_wheeliebin.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_SmallBin_01.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_SmallBin_01.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_picnic.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_picnic.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Cone_01b.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Cone_01b.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_broom.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_broom.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'veglib/Douglas1_group_19-22.for', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: The art asset 'veglib/Douglas1_group_19-22.for' could not be found.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: DSF canceled due to missing art assets, file=Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/Earth nav data/+40+000/+45+006.dsf, err=15 (dsf_ErrCanceled).
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: WARNING: got error on DSF load for scenery file 45, 6, Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | The following scenery package has a problem and will therefore not be loaded:
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | It requires an additional library scenery package that is not installed, or it is missing some of its files.
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | http://lookup.x-plane.com/_lookup_11_/missing_custom_scenery.html
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:887)
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Cone_01a.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Earth nav data/+40+000/+45+006.dsf:
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Cone_01a.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:01:11.258 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:806)
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Cone_03.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Earth nav data/+40+000/+45+006.dsf:
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Cone_03.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Pallet_Water_02.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Pallet_Water_02.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Barrier_White.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Barrier_White.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Barrier_Red.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Barrier_Red.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Barrel_04.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Barrel_04.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Barrel_03.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_Barrel_03.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_picnic.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_picnic.obj
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_SmallBin_01.obj', referenced from scenery package 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/'.
0:01:11.258 E/SCN: Unable to locate object: Clutter_PBR/TRB_LIB_SmallBin_01.obj
0:01:11.258 I/SCN: DSF load time: 8022403 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/Earth nav data/+40+000/+45+006.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:01:11.258 I/SCN: DSF load time: 3067951 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_LFLJ_Courchevel_Mesh/Earth nav data/+40+000/+45+006.dsf (312501 tris, 22 skipped for -3115.3

The best thing to do is to open Orbx central and uninstall Courchevel.

Then reinstall it making sure you follow the installation guide given by John Dow in the second post above. It appears that your installation did not complete properly as you are missing loads of files from both airports Courchevel and Meribel

Just to see if I could improve the situation, I used Orbx Central 4 to migrate the scenery files for Courchevel and Meribel to my Orbx library.  No difference - Meribel altiport doesn't appear at all - just a grass strip with no buildings whatsoever, while Courchevel seems fine, despite the error messages (3 are shown when XP starts up).  Scenery.ini shows Meribel as the uppermost scenery package, Courchevel as the second scenery, so no problems there.

Log.txt states the following:

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.Orbx_A_LFKX_Meribel_Airport).

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport).

But then further down the page (reproduced in my first post) whinges about not finding "clutter" i.e cones, brooms and wheelie bins - all tiny items. 

No obvious reason given why it hasn't recognized Meribel altiport at all.

Hope you guys at Orbx can help.....

@JackemPlease attach a full copy of your Log file after you have attempted a flight which gives you all the error messages on screen.

@Nick Cooper I cannot work out what the problem is as the customer has reinstalled, verified files, has OrbxLibs but still gets error messages about missing objects. Please pass this over to the Orbx Central team to see if they can help.

@Jackem I suggest you now open Orbx Central and scroll down to Other, and uninstall your current OrbxLibs. Then got o Orbx Direct/Support and download and install via Orbx Central, another copy of the OrbxLibs library. That wat=y you should have the Clutter_PBR folder. I fail to understand why either you dont have it or XP cannot read it. Have you installed it into a separate self made Library location? Make sure you install the new download into the XP Directory.

Thanks Jon - Problem fixed!  I followed your advice, uninstalled the OrbxLibs, and re-installed them using Orbx Central, making sure that they were placed in my XP directory as you advised.

I fired up X-Plane, and there were no error messages. And Meribel Altiport, with its buildings and vegetation was obviously complete. I flew to Courchevel, and as I taxied up to the hangars, noting the plastic cones and other 'clutter'.

Once again, thanks for the help.  Terrific scenery BTW.  Now if XP could only implement seasons.....

Hi Jon I know you are good at this stuff so can I ask you to sort this one please. I have all 3 TEGB for X Plane but Central will not load because of the incorrect data files check which says that in the Orbx/B/GB/Central/Overlay/Autogen/NRM13.png and NRM14 is missing. But when I check the said files/folder they are there as you can see. I use xOrganizer which as you know puts everything in the correct place. If I disable TEGB Central all the others  work.  I have already verified the files 3 times and removed *.json files but it has made no difference. I hope you can help please and I thank you in advance for your valuable assistance. Martin 

Capture.JPG

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Personally I have no need for X-organiser as I see many layering issues especially for Orbx addons when using that tool. It is great for default and freeware addon placement but often places Orbx scenery addons in incorrect layering. That aside, I can only suggest that for TEGB Central you run the Verify Files option in Orbx Central if you have not already done so.

Also I suggest you post your issue in a new Post as your problem is not to do with the original post regarding Courchevel and missing files.

See then if you get the same message. If you do we will need to expand the search for the cause.

Are you using Mac or Windows?

Hi Jon thanks for the reply. In my post I did say that I had run the verify 3 times already. But anyway I've fixed it myself now. Problem is I did two things at once so not sure which one was causing it. Either way I took out the two *.png files and uninstalled the EGOD scenery and now everything works great. I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place but I found your comments for the other post making more sense than anybody else so I thought I would contact you.  As it happens running the verify with the *.json file did let me extract and convert again which was helpful to make sure. Looking at my scenery.ini does that look OK to you? Also the new log file with no errors. By the way I'm new to X=Plane, have always used FSX and P3D but I must say so far I'm loving it and the TEGB scenery is far better in X-Plane.  Lets hope the new X-Plane 11.5 update gives Microsoft a run for their money! Thanks again for your help it's much appreciated! Martin

scenery_packs.ini Log.txt

8 hours ago, muzomart said:

Hi Jon thanks for the reply. In my post I did say that I had run the verify 3 times already. But anyway I've fixed it myself now. Problem is I did two things at once so not sure which one was causing it. Either way I took out the two *.png files and uninstalled the EGOD scenery and now everything works great. I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place but I found your comments for the other post making more sense than anybody else so I thought I would contact you.  As it happens running the verify with the *.json file did let me extract and convert again which was helpful to make sure. Looking at my scenery.ini does that look OK to you? Also the new log file with no errors. By the way I'm new to X=Plane, have always used FSX and P3D but I must say so far I'm loving it and the TEGB scenery is far better in X-Plane.  Lets hope the new X-Plane 11.5 update gives Microsoft a run for their money! Thanks again for your help it's much appreciated! Martin

scenery_packs.ini 2.12 kB · 0 downloads Log.txt 59.35 kB · 0 downloads

Your scenery Packs is just fine. Glad you resolved your issues.

Archived