Terra Flora

Orbx Flyer

I am simply not seeing what the staff at Orbx have shown in demo shots.   I have no other forest custom entries. The only forest would be XP stock, and then Terra Flora shown at the bottom of my scenery.cfg file.  But...nothing at all, like any of the T.E. regions, or Filou's postings....in fact, it looks pretty much the same as default, really.

Ok...you won't see ANY difference, if you don't have a custom forest registry like simHeaven Forest North_America.   

I put that back into my Scenery.cfg, and I got better forested areas and coverage, but with just stock XP forestry registry...nada...zip...nothing to write home about.  Go and get simHeaven Forest North America, and have that one level above Terra Flora.

53 minutes ago, Orbx Flyer said:

I am simply not seeing what the staff at Orbx have shown in demo shots.   I have no other forest custom entries. The only forest would be XP stock, and then Terra Flora shown at the bottom of my scenery.cfg file.  But...nothing at all, like any of the T.E. regions, or Filou's postings....in fact, it looks pretty much the same as default, really.

The Terra Flora Folder shows 26.1 MB. Is that a full installation?

Any suggestions?

Yes it is the complete installation size. It is OK being at the bottom of your scenery_packs.ini. What are your XP settings?

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Yes it is the complete installation size. It is OK being at the bottom of your scenery_packs.ini. What are your XP settings?

Max for objects/detail, Jon.   I really don't see any of what the team members are displaying, outside of any T.E. regions that I have.

• 2 weeks later...

It should be noted that Terra Flora not only installs in the Custom Scenery, but Terra Flora replaces 2 files in the directory: Resources\default scenery\1000 autogen\forests\textures The 2 files are "ag_trees_eu_ALB.dds" and "autogen_trees_ALB.dds.

So enabling or disabling the folder of Terra Flora in the Custom Scenery will not remove the 2 files in Resources. 

The 2 pics below are what are in the Resources/default scenery/1000 autogen/forests/textures folder:

Terra Flora ag_trees_eu_ALBdds

1.thumb.JPG.00fd159d10373779860058d761e638b3.JPG

Default ag_trees_eu_ALB.dds

3.thumb.JPG.7b3cc1464cb2c3c953e0fccd947b2899.JPG

9 hours ago, rcmarple said:

Which means if you update X-Plane, the Laminar installer will overwrite them?

I have just this moment updated to XP.40 r2 and the option to overwrite or keep the 2 files of Terra Flora in Resources is given. I chose to keep and Terra Flora is working as before.

So in conclusion, Yes XP updates will overwrite the 2 mentioned files IF you don't choose to keep them.

@Jon Clarke Jon, as I have just upgraded to XP11.40r2 also but did not get the warning relating to Terra Flora (I did get other warnings) I wonder if I even have it installed correctly. I will check tomorrow. If I do need to reinstall Terra Flora what is the easiest way, do I just delete the version*.txt file?

7 hours ago, antonvs said:

@Jon Clarke Jon, as I have just upgraded to XP11.40r2 also but did not get the warning relating to Terra Flora (I did get other warnings) I wonder if I even have it installed correctly. I will check tomorrow. If I do need to reinstall Terra Flora what is the easiest way, do I just delete the version*.txt file?

6 hours ago, Traveller said:

A little mistake of mine, sorry ... Deleted.

What was the little mistake you are referring to? The easiest way to reinstall is using Orbx Central to Uninstall then reinstall. You would have been offered the chance to keep the terra flora files but not in the name of Terra Flora, but the 2 files Resources\default scenery\1000 autogen\forests\textures The 2 files are "ag_trees_eu_ALB.dds" and "autogen_trees_ALB.dds.

Here is a reply I got:

"The overlay extract feature in Ortho4XP just extracts default scenery overlays from the default mesh so it just works just fine. "

So it appears that if you create an overlay the above mentioned process takes place. You would again be advised to remove any Forest related sections of SFD or X-Europe and ensure that Terra Flora sits above those addons in scenery-packs.

• 4 months later...

I just purchased Terra Flora today. Maybe I shouldn't have. I have spent 3 hours looking at it (using xOrganizer to disable various tree files and fly the same flight over and over taking photos) For me SFD is better. I live in NZ and SFD gives me local trees in NZ like cabbage trees. I honestly can see little improvement in Terra Flora. I have some comparative photos and kept copies of all the scenery pack.ini files used with each photo if anyone is interested. Also I didn't realise until after I bought it that I won't be able to apply seasons to it so a bit of a waste of money for me. Ashame because I have North and South Island Orbx products for FSX and also products for AeroFly FS 2 and I really like them. Of course it may be that My .ini is wrong but I haven't known xOrganizer make a mistake before.

So that's a long intro to my question. If I uninstall TerraFloraXP through Orbx Central does it restore the default files?

Archived