Traffic Global Xplane.

Dadtom65

See that this has just been released. Anybody tried this software out yet. Know it’s a bit early yet but would like to know what it’s like please if anyone installs it. Have seen the videos of it and it is looking good. Thanks Derek. 

It's a great piece of software, putting the correct airlines in the correct places....installation is simple, Ai appear on XP map....will be constantly updated and it has for me over the development time had no effect on my overall FPS.......

Thank you wain71 that’s good to hear and Tornado16 you should send possibly an email to Just Flight to see if they would do the same for the Mac. You never know if there’s enough interest they may consider it. Derek.

I pre purchased it at Cosford and installed tonight. I've only tried at a non Orbx airport (EGBB) and the Orbx airport (EGNX) briefly. Performance seemed fine but as I use VR most of the time, the AI aircraft labels are annoying. I can change the size of the font in the settings for Traffic Global but can't turn off the labels. Is this possible in XP11 settings? 

Hi

I presume the Just Flight Traffic Global will disable all the default X Plane static aircraft. 

Just wondering, do I have to disable static aircraft that come with some of my Orbx airport add-ons or does Traffic Global know that they are there.

Looking forward to purchasing this very soon.

6 minutes ago, paulk said:

Hi

I presume the Just Flight Traffic Global will disable all the default X Plane static aircraft. 

Just wondering, do I have to disable static aircraft that come with some of my Orbx airport add-ons or does Traffic Global know that they are there.

Looking forward to purchasing this very soon.

For Leeds Bradford, East Midlands, Cardiff & London City for instance, you can disable or enable static aircraft for each of the airports I listed in Orbx Central but currently that option is missing for Southampton. I have just posted a request for that option to be added to Southampton elsewhere in the XP11 forum.

• 1 month later...

I thought the first release was good but since then I and others have had CTDs. Just flight say that it’s only 1% of users that are impacted but they are also saying that there’s a bug in Laminar's map that will cause the CTD and that in the interim people should disable the TCAS capability if affected. Originally JF suggested that they couldn’t recreate the issues.

Personally I doubt the 1% quoted but have nothing to disprove it. From seeing the reports that have been posted my guess is that there’s a greater incidence of issues with higher powered machines.

if you have the problem, and I’m one affected, literally every time you fly will end up in a CTD at some point. When it works it’s promising but any potential buyer needs to assess their chance of being one of the 1% and whether that’s a realistic number from JF.

Ultimately for all users having all the features working relies on Laminar fixing a bug that JF are ‘99%’ sure exists. While I think that the program is very light in frames and a good concept my impression is that it may be a wee bit too intrusive on the X-Plane framework and that over time, as they add features it’s going to continue to have issues.

Archived