Strange scenery transition!

Mac6737

I apologize in advance if someone thinks this is a "support" question, but I don't believe I have any sort of tech problem.

Flying this evening from Canyonlands (KCNY) to Monument Valley (UT25), the scenery suddenly shifted from verdant deciduous landscape to arid desert.  The screen shot below shows the dramat8c and unrealistic boundary.  I was recently out there, and can state with some confidence that this remarkable straight line border does not exist in nature. 

So what's up with this?

Thanks all,

Mac6737

7Anomaly.thumb.jpg.ff595f9bc9f665d0e23454b65c2abc9b.jpg 

Hello,

another obvious question, which Orbx products do you have installed in that area?

Unfortunately, the red coordinates are blurred beyond recognition, even at the greatest zoom level.

Based on having no idea where your aircraft is, these are the surroundings of UT25, as seen with all

the prerequisites installed.

1.jpg

17 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Based on having no idea where your aircraft is, these are the surroundings of UT25, as seen with all

the prerequisites installed.

Nick

I have the whole ORBX Global and NA landclass plus the Monument Valley Freeware.

The coordinates are indeed blurry in my screenshot, but they were crystal clear in the sim.

When you say "UT25" you may be referring to that freeware, which features UT25.  So it's possible, I guess, that the border I see is just an artifact of the detailed freeware.

Funny thing, though:  after I posted this, I discovered that the Monument Valley Buttes were missing!  I have flown there several times with no problems and have not changed my system since I was last there.  So I uninstalled, re-downloaded from Orbx Central and reinstalled.  Still no buttes!

So this may require a tech support question on a related forum. 

Mac

15 minutes ago, BigBend91 said:

Monument Valley Freeware ..... what freeware . There is a FSX/P3D Payware Orbx product .

Ben

The USMV ORBX scenery is payware, but it's really beautiful, and I've never had the problem that Mac6737 reports.  I've used it several times. I've not flown from KCNY to UT25, but I have done the reverse.

Ken

Archived