Manifest error?

bookman

I have uninstalled all FTX and re-installed and let the installer make the folders that are required but as I tried to install EG20 I get this error message. I do not know what it means so any help would be appreceated.

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

FTX Error.png

Hello,

sorry this has been overlooked.

Please attach your central.log file.

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations:

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log

• Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

• You can also find it in Central on the Settings page, under Help

Thanks for reply but no, I have uninstalled ver.3 and cleared the registry of all Orbx and FTX and deleted the two folders from User Filder. I installed latest ver4 and it makes two folders for install but then I get that message. I make sure that the  X Plane is not active in Task Manager before starting Central. So X Plane is not running on this machine. I do not know what else to do.

Danny

Thanks for reply but this has been over three weeks and I would like to get something done or it is a waste of money. You know the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it. Just so frustrating ver 3 worked perfectly

Danny

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @bookman,

Similar to your other topi, an error in your log file indicates that your PC is unable to establish a secure connection. Normally this is due to something affecting the connection such as a VPN or Firewall setting. However I have opened a task internally to see if there's any way this issue can be worked around for you.

Morning,

Thanks for reply, I do not have a VPN programme installed and would not know where to go with the other. I have got Orbx allowed in the firewall settings with windows 10. As to SSL/TLS settings in Windows not a clue what that is, sorry. Thanks in advance.

danny

I recall similar messages and it was something to do with one of the processes not registering properly.  After ensuring Orbx Central is not running try going in to your CTRL ALT DEL Task Manager and looking for any Orbx Central processes that are still running, and kill them if they are.  Also if you see a program called Saturn.exe in that list kill that off as well.  Then restart Orbx Central.  That worked for me but I don't know if it would work now because the program has changed so much.

Thanks John,

I did as you suggested and cleared all Orbx in task manager but there was no Saturn.exe . I have now uninstalled Orbx Central and deleted all reference to it using regedit, cleared the folders from PC. Before I deleted the Orbx Central it showed my account and that there are three updates but I cannot update these or install the enhancement for Washington State which I have bought.It is beyond frustrating. Again, thanks for the suggestion, maybe Orbx will come up with an answer sooner rather  than later.

Regards

Danny

The only other suggestion i can come up with is whether it's a permissions issue.  I always set any folder even remotely associated with FS programs to full sharing and maximum control by all computer users including admins, users, pcs etc.   I'm guessing youu'd know how to do that under the folder properties?

Morning Josh,

Is there any answer to my request regarding my account. You said you would sort something out on the 10th and as yet nothing. I cannot access my purchases for either an update or an install. I have been able to download other purchases, Global Traffic and some scenery from X Plane.org without any problems. Please advise, or should I raise another ticket?.

Thanks in advance.

Evening,

Yes I have three updates and also Washington enhancement all of which I cannot download or install. I have taked Orbx Central off this PC until an answer can be acheived but I wish I could use what I purchased. Had no problem with ver 3.

• 2 weeks later...

We've made a version of Central available in fastlane that may address this issue.

First, opt-in to fastlane in Orbx Central under Settings, My Account. Restart Orbx Central and it should update to v4.0.25. Try to download these products again.

If you continue to have errors, please try the following:

Could not download and save the manifest

The most common cause of this is some form of software on your computer that interferes with your network connection (such as a strict firewall or proxy server). The manifest files are served from our infrastructure provider Google, therefore anything that may be preventing a secure connection being made to Google can cause this error.

You can disable the strict network security requirements used by manifest downloading by performing the following:

Windows

• Make sure Orbx Central is not running

• Right-click on your Orbx Central shortcut and press ‘Properties’

• In the ‘Target:’ box, add strict-ssl false

NXBVpjVKYNshQwhZ8Ual9HbHcDpdZqG19W9Zvcoi

• Press OK

• Start Orbx Central by double-clicking on that shortcut

Note: You may need to press ‘Open File Location’ on the icon in order to find the actual shortcut.

It appears the Central worker that performs installations is failing to start. This can be caused by missing system requirements or a corrupt install.

Can you try to install the following:

If that fails, please try to uninstall Orbx Central and then install it again.

Hi Danny,

It appears that the Orbx Central Worker is still failing to start.

Can you try the following:

• In the C:\Users\bookm\AppData\Local\Programs\orbx-central\saturn-win\ folder, does OrbxCentralWorker.exe exist?
  • Delete the %Temp%\Orbx folder

If the issue persists and the OrbxCentralWorker.exe exists, please try the following:

• In Windows, search for the Event Viewer
  • Under Windows Logs, select Application
    • image.png
  • Scroll down until you see a .NET Runtime error
    • image.png
  • Click it and check that it belongs to OrbxCentralWorker
    • image.png
  • If you can find this error and it does belong to OrbxCentralWorker, please take a screenshot.

Thanks Danny.

This is a strange error. The most immediate probable cause is that you're running an old version of Windows 8.

It appears from the log file you're running Windows 8 build 9200. Windows 8.0 has not been supported by Microsoft since 2016 and therefore new software (such as Central) may not work correctly with it. The Orbx Central Worker uses a platform that was designed for Windows 8.1 (build 9600). We'll update the system requirements on the website and user guide to better state this. Is it possible to update your Windows install from 8.0 to 8.1?

Afternoon,

Have done what you suggested but still manifest error. Have attched pics of both icons desktop and folder. This is becoming silly, all I want to do is update and install products I have bought but cannot. The annoying thing is it tells me it is updating products but it hasn't. I an using Central 4.0.27. I await your next attempt.

Thanks

DP

Desktop icon.jpg

Folder icon.jpg

ok thanks did what you asked. I made another shortcut from the orbx folder in AppData local inserted the ssl text (what I did not see was the  text quotes symbol). Connected to web and have attached the message. Tried to update and still get manifest error.

Regards

connect.jpg

central.json

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @bookman,

Your central.log file indicates that strict SSL is still enabled resulting in an "Unable to verify the first certificate" error in your central.log file.

Have you completely closed Orbx Central and relaunched it from the shortcut the includes the "strict-ssl false" flag?

Can you include the entire contents of the "target" field of the shortcut so we can determine why this isn't working as expected?

Archived