YBCG update error...

G'day...

Regarding the following updates:

I downloaded and applied the YBCG fix which broke the product - since uninstalled and reinstalled, FTXC3 log attached as suggested by the interface. Compared notes with another user who did the same and he got the same result. Had no problems with the other updates issued earlier by Graham.

Can anyone suggest what needs doing here please?

Cheers.

orbx_ftxcentral_log.txt

I just did a circuit at YBCG witht he updated files and I can report no problems for me,.

EDIT.  Just started a flight at YSPT and getting double buildings all the way down the airport

Deleted the AUV2 YSPT files and the OZx YSPT files and I'm still getting double buildings.  Strange.

Howdy and thanks for the replies...

Could you elaborate on what is happening...

Sorry, I could have been more explicit - the update broke the YBCG CONTROL PANEL in FTXC3, hence the inclusion of the error log on my original post, as instructed by FTXC3.

The update for YBCG Gold Coast did not include any new files for that airport...

It doesn't include any scenery files but it does include an updated script file for YBCG (orbx_cpl_YBCG.xml) which I assume has some impact on FTXC3 control panel for the product - my possibly loose description in the original post is that the product's FTXC3 control panel is inaccessible with this script file, removing the tools to control the settings in the scenery. It may still be possible to use the product in the sim as John has suggested but as the label on the tin in the original post about the recent YBCG update says "...this update will only resolve the most noticeable issues at YBCG but should still enable you to enjoy the airport for the most part...", that would suggest that an inaccessible control panel compromises the update.

Hence my post for assistance please, with the FTXC3 error log associated with the new script file attached above to my original post.

Thanks Graham.

Nick noted although the announcment in Graham's update post (linked off my opening salvo at the top of this thread) suggests this is okay for FTXC3...

This update will not work with YBCG installed in P3D V4 via XML Add-On with Orbx Central but will be fine for other sims installed via Orbx Central and all installs via the old FTXC 3.

For (additional) info.

I don't know if this gives the right clues but here are two screenshots, one with only YSPT enabled, the other with only Gold Coast enabled.  I think I'm happy with just the Gold Coast version but it'd be nice to know which files are causing the duplicated hangars when both sceneries are enabled.

YSPT1.thumb.jpg.8f2c0381fe1a9ddea0d0522f8b551a74.jpg

YSPT2.thumb.jpg.f4b35470b4f9ea9235956116a415822c.jpg

The update also caused issues with my control panel. Once the new files were installed and the control panel was selected it crashed. Had to reinstall all 3 products. I’m also on FTXC3.

I do remember seeing an error message and I shall post when I can.

• 3 months later...

Archived